Si Fi Restaurant

RickP330

Original Poster
Hello all,
We have rather late reservations at the Si-Fi restaurant coming up. There are three of us. My Girlfriend and I plus my daughter. DD is 7 years old. We found a much better time earlier, but it is only for 2. Do you know how strict this is? Can we make reservations for two and squeeze her in our laps - what is the policy on this? I've heard others do it, but I don't know if doing it really creates a problem or not. Much thanks in advance. I have heard that this is not a problem but I really don't know if it is or isn't.
Rick

The Incredible Schmulk

Just to elaborate, there are two seating sections. In the back, there are kind of picnic table/concession stand style seats where a family can all gather around the same table. In the front, the seating is designed to look like classic cars at a drive-in, so it's essentially two people per bench seat, with everyone looking forward at the movie screen from the same "car".

As @Dog Ate Mouse stated, if you're in the front seating area, which is the primary seating area, I don't think you will be able to fit the three of you together in one bench. The food goes on a counter just over your lap, as if you're sitting at a bar. I don't know how they seat two-tops, four-tops, etc. in the restaurant, but you'd be taking a chance at not even being accommodated.

DizneyPryncess

We went in May, and it was my husband, myself, and our 2.5 year old. They seated 2 of us in the front row of the car, and one of us in the middle row. Our daughter wanted us all to sit together, so I asked, and they said only 2 to a row. I wouldn't change the reservation to 2 people, because they won't reserve 2 rows for you, and possibly won't be able to seat you. Keep trying though, you never know when more reservations will open up. :)

Dwarful

We are usually a group of five. When the girls were young...2, 6, 8 they sat the three of them in one row with us right behind them. I don't think you could squeeze three in one row with two adults and even a tiny 7 yr old. I would keep checking and maybe change if you get a better time.

RickP330

Original Poster
Alright, It took a bit of creeping, but we got a good time for the three of us. We just sat on the MDE site clicking reservations until something opened up and we got it. Thanks Gang.
RP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom