shuttles from hotels to parks ?

rctfan

hi !
i would need your help once again. I'm now planning a trip to Orlando for the beginning of october. As i probably will be alone, i don't think i'll rent a car, because it will be very expensive for me, and i don't think i'll drive long distances (it would be only to go from hotel to parks). And if i have a car, i must still pay for all the parkings.
So, i wondered if you know hotels (the less expensive as possible) on I-drive that have shuttles for all parks in Orlando (Universal, Seaworld, WDW parks AND waterparks). I search hotel on I-drive because all theme parks are all around, and because i read that there were some places of departure for the BGT shuttle express (at the Mercado). Do you think not to take a car is a good idea ?
And one more question : are there shuttles from the Orlando international airport to I-Drive, or there are only taxis ?
Thank you in advance !

Maria

Hi Welcome aboard!

There are shuttles from the airport to the different hotels. One of WDWMagic´s sponsors is a transportation company called Quicksilver Tours. Check with them! http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/ and also check the Ground/Air transportation planning board in here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=49

As for renting a car or not, if I were going by myself, I´d probably spend a few extra $ and try to stay at the All Star resorts or somewhere in the Lake Buenavista area (Holiday Inn Sunspree, Doubletree, Days Inn, etc. - not sure of the prices though). Although, the All Stars will provide you with constant transportation all day, unlike the others that have 'shuttles' on set times. Honestly, they could be time consuming and frustrating (having to rush to the last shuttle before a show begins and such). Taxis in Orlando are very expensive.

I am not sure about Universal and SeaWorld - I´d probably rent a car to go there if I´m still staying near Disney. I haven´t heard about the BGT shuttles, so I don´t know if they are good or the times they run, but if you can get a schedule and it´s good, why not? What are they, any link? Try them and let us know! :D

Upvote 0

rctfan

Original Poster
thank you for your answer. Actually, i would like to stay in a hotel on I-Drive because they're generally much cheaper. I completely forgot the idea to stay in a Disney resort (too much expensive for me).
About the BGT shuttle express, i knew it existed from my travel agency. They propose several passes for the parks, and the FlexTicket 5days includes the free shuttle to BGT. I found schedule and departures places on this site :
http://www.atlasmc.com/bgse/

Upvote 0

johnvree

I have to second Maria's suggestion. If you can swing one of the All Stars or Pop Century, I would do it. Disney transportation is typically much more frequent and reliable than off-site resort shuttles. In our one experience staying off-site, we found ourselves pretty frustrated by the shuttles. By day 3, we were driving to the parks in our own car. Also, if you stay off-site without a car, your dining options may be very limited.

Unfortunately, if you stay on-site, I do not know how you get to Universal or Sea World. I'm sure someone else here knows, but it may mean taxi, which would increase the cost of staying on-site.:(

I see you are a student. When I was in college, I had to do everything on a budget. When I would go to the supermarket (food store), I would load up my shopping cart with everything I wanted. Typically I would have enough money for about half of it. :( :( After I had gone through all of the isles, I'd park at the end of one and start to shed the stuff I didn't really need or that I could do with out. Eventually I would get my cart down to an amount I could afford.

I kind of do the same thing with my vacations. Make a wish list, cost it out and then trim it to what I want to spend. [wholly rambling - - sorry] Anyway, I'd keep an on-site resort in my cart as long as possible.

Good luck.. No matter where you stay you're going to have a great time.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have only stayed in an offsite hotel once and that was in the maingate area. I always have a car so never used a shuttle. I did notice that they tended to leave the hotel at the same time as me which made it ideal if you wanted a good morning start. a few freinds who have stayed car-less on i drive wernt quite so happy with the transport to Disney as it stopped at all the various parks making it a long journey.

Some hotels charge for the shuttle so bare that in mind itll soon add up. I really would check on the merit of booking a hotel on line as the Euro is good against the dollar so you may find your better off.

Do what I do, stay at disney do disney, do universal stay at universal or i drive problem solved.:D

Upvote 0

tammycooley

You can take the Mears shuttle to both Universal Studios and Sea World from your on-site resort. It was very affordable. My son and I went to Sea World on our last visit and it was only $24 round trip.

Upvote 0

Maria

Oh I get it now! you meant a shuttle to Busch Gardens! I tought that was a shuttle for all parks.

I checked the link, and there are several moderate hotels listed as departure locations for that, so you wouldn´t have to walk to El Mercado, you could actually check any of those hotels for rates and see if they have shuttles to the other parks.

http://www.orlando-maps.info/top_down_maps/default.htm

http://www.orlando-lakebuenavista.com/map/lbvnorth/hwy535map1.htm#535map1btm

http://www.orlando-lakebuenavista.com/map/lbvsouth/hwy535map2.htm

You probably have seen those maps, but to me, Lake Buenavista is the easiest way to go if you don´t have a car. If you stay near the entrance to Hotel Plaza Blvd. and you missed your last shuttle back to your hotel, you can always take Disney transportation to Downtown Disney and take a cab there or walk back to your hotel... tiring but may work. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Holiday Inn, La Quinta and Howard Johnsons are usually all the cheapest hotels to stay at. The Disney Value Resorts are not much more in the way of prices. If you want to go to Busch Gardens, you will have to rent a car.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom