Shuttle launch tonight...

prspeppers

Original Poster
Hi everyone...quick question. Where is the best place in Disney to catch the lauch? I'm staying at OKW but I have heard the place to catch the launch might be the Poly? Any suggestions?

Slipknot

Anywhere you have an open space (no pun intended). I'd say the Grand Floridian, Poly or Contemporary (maybe on one of the docks on Bay Lake) would be a nice spot, save for the water bugs/mosquitos.

a2grafix

Hi everyone...quick question. Where is the best place in Disney to catch the lauch? I'm staying at OKW but I have heard the place to catch the launch might be the Poly? Any suggestions?

Poly would be a good spot, or Boardwalk / Yacht and Beach Club. I've read other posters on this site discuss their locations during previous shuttle launches.

In October 2007 I was the shuttle launch at Islands of Adventure during a late-morning launch.

Best of luck! Should be sight at night!

a2grafix

NASA scrubbed this morning's 1:36am ET Shuttle Discovery launch. PPD until 1:05am ET early Wednesday due to rain near the Cape and lightning within 5 NM.

a2grafix

Bad valve forces NASA to call off shuttle launch
By MARCIA DUNN AP Aerospace Writer

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) -- NASA has called off the launch of space shuttle Discovery because of a bad fuel valve.

Launch officials halted the countdown late Tuesday afternoon, midway through the fueling process. The seven astronauts had not yet boarded the shuttle for the scheduled early Wednesday morning flight to the international space station. A new launch date was not immediately set.

NASA spokesman Allard Beutel says engineers were trying to open and shut the fill-and-drain valve in Discovery's engine compartment when it looked to be broken. The exact condition of the valve is not yet known.

The valve is used for the flow of liquid hydrogen from the external fuel tank to the main engines.

It's the second launch delay in as many days for Discovery. Tuesday's launch was called off because of thunderstorms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom