Shuttle Launch (STS 107)

sigsegv

Original Poster
Here are some pics I took of the recent shuttle launch. I lucked out as I was talking my DD around Crescent Lake. Just as I was crossing the bridge between the Yacht Club and Boardwalk, I saw a bunch of people on the bridge staring off towards Epcot. Then, I saw what looked like a firework being shot off. It looked kind of pinkish, but was moving much too slow to be a firework, plus, it was the late morning. As luck would also happen, I had my camera with me.

If you want to see bigger versions, check them out on my web page at http://www.pbase.com/sigsegv/launch.

-sig

(Edit: added link to bigger pics)

Attachments

• dsc00698.jpg
    dsc00698.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 285

Mikey4WDW

Shuttle

Thank you for those awesome STS pics. I have tried everytime to plan my WDW vacations near a space shuttle launch, I want so badly to view a launch in person. I have so close but every time I was able to get a media pass, they would reschedule the launch. I tnever fails either it usually works out that they launch the day after I have to be back in Ohio.

AWESOME pics!

imagineer boy

Oh my gosh!!!!!!:eek: That's the one that's the Columbia! The one that lost contact with MS a broke apart while trying to land.

( Moment of silence )

:cry:

sigsegv

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineer boy
Oh my gosh!!!!!!:eek: That's the one that's the Columbia! The one that lost contact with MS a broke apart while trying to land.

( Moment of silence )

Yeah, freaky, eh?

*shiver*

-sig

CrashNet

This is truly a sad day in NASA's and our nation's history.

May they be remembered for their amazing accomplishments and as heroes to our country and the world...

Mikey4WDW

Columbia

I would like to say; GOD BLESS the crew of Columbia and their families. I am a sicence and space freak. I believe in the Shuttle program and I know that they will find out what happened. I hope that God will give their families strength to continue on with the dreams of their love ones. NASA will not let their deaths be in vain.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Weird how I saw those pics last night and kinda smiled....now today I see those and the similar ones of the break up during re-entry and remain silent and stoic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom