Shuttle launch scrubbed

DisneyChik17

Original Poster
CNN just said the shuttle launch has been scrubbed. Discovery has a fualty fuel tank sensor. It is a redundent sensor that tells when the tanks get low on fuel. Hopefully, everything will get right and it will happen again.

sillyspook13

I was there and I had a great spot! Hmph! :mad:

Oh well. They say they may reschedule for Saturday or Monday. I'm seriously hoping Monday, as I'll be off work again. :)

Slipknot

No offense to you sillyspook, but I'm hoping it is on Saturday. I'll be at WDW that day. I've seen a shuttle launch from my house 200 miles south of Cape Canaveral and it looks amazing from so far away, but never one while at WDW before.

DisneyChik17

Original Poster
Slade said:
No offense to you sillyspook, but I'm hoping it is on Saturday. I'll be at WDW that day. I've seen a shuttle launch from my house 200 miles south of Cape Canaveral and it looks amazing from so far away, but never one while at WDW before.

We saw one from WDW, it was so cool. We watched the initial luanch on TV and then went outside and there it was, a big stream of smoke with a little shuttle right on top. I will never forget that.

Gucci65

I was hoping it would scrub today (for purely selfish reasons). I want it to go up next week while I'm in FLA.

Space shuttle kicks butt!!!!!!!!!!

PhotoDave219

DisneyChik17 said:
CNN just said the shuttle launch has been scrubbed. Discovery has a fualty fuel tank sensor. It is a redundent sensor that tells when the tanks get low on fuel. Hopefully, everything will get right and it will happen again.

At least i got paid either way.... Ive heard Monday at teh earliest.

Tara Mae

They have these options:

Saturday, Monday, or July 31. If not any of those, then they've got to wait until Septemeber, which is the next time the ISS will be in correct orbit.

sillyspook13

DisneyRoxMySox said:
I watched one from a gas station once. It was pretty..diseal!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get it? :lookaroun
Oddly enough one of the best cheap places to watch a launch from is a Walgreens parking lot. The store has displays dedicated to launch viewing, including sunblock, chairs, tents, umbrellas, radios and NASA souvenirs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom