Shula's, yay or nay?

steviej

Original Poster
Going towards the end of March. I'm a big steak eater. Never been to Shula's. I've heard mixed reviews. What's the opinion here? I've been to pretty much every other steak place in the World, Yachtsman, Le Cellier, etc.

cjack300zx

We had a group there back in may, we order the blackened tenderloin appetizers that were so good we didn't eat anything else.

lostpro9het

steviej

Original Poster
I feel like the food is as good as Yachtsman and better than LeCel but what hurt it for us was the disinterested service we received while there. We have no desire to go back with Yachtsman an option and just as close. Here is our experience from last year:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-the-“who-told-him-about-the-panoramic-setting-on-his-phone-”-surf-n’-turf-anniversary-trip.905732/page-3#post-6935778

I've heard the service isn't much to write home about. So after almost a year, would you give it another shot?

lostpro9het

I've heard the service isn't much to write home about. So after almost a year, would you give it another shot?
Nope. In fact, we have an ADR next month at Yachtsman for our 18th anniversary. Again, IMO, the food wasn't good enough to justify the service especially when you are dropping some serious coin on steak.

Hockey89

It's fine... Plenty of better steakhouses all over the country...Service is iffy at best which should never happen at those prices.... I'd go to Yachtsman...

JohnD

I like Shula's but there's one in my hometown so no reason for me to visit the one at WDW. I tried Yachtsmans and loved it.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Going towards the end of March. I'm a big steak eater. Never been to Shula's. I've heard mixed reviews. What's the opinion here? I've been to pretty much every other steak place in the World, Yachtsman, Le Cellier, etc.

You asked for an OPINION - our opinion is that Shula's is very CLOSE to the best Restaurant on property. In our opinion - V&A beats it (V&A beats everything), but Shula's has crept up from tied with "the California Grill" to superior.

We are now booking Shula's twice per trip - one night is "Steak Night", the other is "Lobster Night".
You may choose to go to Yachtsman's, Le Celier..... all your choice. Our opinion? Both are inferior. They ARE less expensive.

Shula's quirks: Everything is sized for a Linebacker :) SPLIT sides and desserts unless you are REALLY hungry. Service is stunning: Old school. Cost is actually BELOW some WDW Sigs.

Again, all personal OPINION - this is where WE will go.... your choice is your choice.

21stamps

I haven't been to Shula's in WDW. I have been to other locations several times. Never been disappointed. The food is always very good.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Shu's is a good choice. Pretty much a Capital Grille, Ruth's Chris type option. For me the best steakhouse on property is Bull and Bear. Escargot and Gnocchi to start with...leading to the Chateaubriand....wow...getting hungry.

GlassHalfFull

I have been and thought it was great all around. The food was fantastic, and contrary to others on this board, we got exceptional service. The service, like anything else, can come and go. I've only been to Le Cel one time after finally getting reservations, and the service there was atrocious, not seated until 1 hour after our reservation, cold food, and slow slow service. Does that mean I wouldn't give it another try? no, just will wait until that dinner price isn't as much of a gamble for me since student loans and all..

imahistorygeek

As the other half in that trip report, I can also say no. Honestly, I don't remember the steak, but I do remember being put right in front of the kitchen and the poor service. The server was distracted by people walking in at the restaurant entrance. I kept waiting for the Queen of England to walk in based on his level of distraction. I'm not sure he could have been any less disinterested in his job.

In sum, we will not return.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
In the Waldorf Astoria, not truly on property, but near.

It's as "On Property" as Shula's is. It's in Bonnet Creek and yes it's in the Waldorf Astoria. -- Shula's is at the Swan (basically a Westin).

Bonnet Creek Resorts - Four Season's - The hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd - The Dolphin and Swan - Are all "On Property" Hotels. They're just not owned by Disney.

ABQ

It's as "On Property" as Shula's is. It's in Bonnet Creek and yes it's in the Waldorf Astoria. -- Shula's is at the Swan (basically a Westin).

Bonnet Creek Resorts - Four Season's - The hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd - The Dolphin and Swan - Are all "On Property" Hotels. They're just not owned by Disney.
You're correct, however my stance regarding on or off was more that I cannot bring up the Waldorf or Hilton Bonnet Creek locations on this map as I could Swan and Dolphin https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/map/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom