Trip Report Shrouded In A Daft Disguise *COMPLETED*

Two weeks ago today, I returned home from the most surreal Disney vacation I have ever experienced.

During my last visit in February, I couldn’t have imagined having to wear a face mask and have my temperature taken before being allowed into a park. “Social distancing” wasn’t part of my vocabulary. Hand sanitizer was something I carried in a little bottle in my purse, not something in giant containers at the entrance/exit of every attraction.

No park hopping? No Fastpasses? No FIREWORKS :jawdrop: ?!! Not even on my radar screen.

Like a bolt out of the blue, the pandemic struck and life was dramatically altered. For everyone. And there is no Magic Mirror to tell us when it will be over. For me the pandemic has been a reminder to take nothing for granted ~ and that there can still be joy in the darkest days.

My name is Tuvalu and I have been a WDW annual passholder for nearly 25 years. I was raised on Disney and so were my children. The parks have always been my “escape” from real life. Could they still be an “escape” in the midst of a pandemic? After months of quarantine, I was ready to find out.

My daughter Em was my travel buddy. My husband Woody had reservations, but not for our safety. He was concerned we’d struggle with the restrictions and disappointment with all the changes. He wanted us to come back happy and wasn’t sure we would. Truthfully, I wasn’t sure we would either. After much research and due diligence, Em and I felt prepared to embark on a vacation with few expectations.

6603EDC0-8856-4CF0-9F82-3A98E965AA50.jpeg

Full disclosure ~ I‘ve wrestled with writing a report of our trip. The pandemic and subsequent events have caused much division on this Disney fan forum. I’ve always considered the trip reports section to be a “safe space” and hope it stays that way. My goal is to provide entertainment to the reader, nothing more.

With that in mind.....

DE01E0D7-DEFD-4267-AEA4-9339E1E1B4A7.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sending healthy, get-well wishes to the Tuvalu family. ❤️

(P.S.: Never seen the Schitts Creek show (don't think I've ever seen it listed on my satellite list), but that clip you posted was very funny!) :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Feel better Tuvalu family!!

Hope everyone is back on their feet soon 😊

Hope you are both feeling better soon! It's rough being sick during the holidays!

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!!
Hope you all feel better soon!!

Youcan Do It Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek

Sorry to hear about the family illnesses--especially around the holidays...
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Hope everyone gets well soon!
Thanks, friends! :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sending healthy, get-well wishes to the Tuvalu family. ❤️

(P.S.: Never seen the Schitts Creek show (don't think I've ever seen it listed on my satellite list), but that clip you posted was very funny!) :joyfull:
Thank you, Minnie. Highly recommend Schitt’s Creek if you find a source to watch it (currently on Pop TV network and Netflix.)
Sorry for the illness. I have been wondering where you've been. I don't think we've ever been without @Tuvalu for this long. Prayers.

Also, great clip. I watched it multiple times 😁
It’s been a long month in an even longer year. Appreciate the prayers. :inlove:
Sending you many healing thoughts and wishing you and your family a bright New Year! Love the recap video!!
I’m ready for a ✨🌟 New Year! (As we all are.)
Hope everyone feels better soon!!!! It is not fun being sick, especially during the Holidays.
Thank you, @Pirate Magic. ❤️
I am sending you a bunch more hugs and pixie dust!! Three times is the charm, right??😉
I will take all the hugs and pixie dust you can send!
Hope everyone is feeling better soon! (I was hoping your absence was just due to the holidays and taking care of the littles.)
I am having littles withdrawal. Hopefully I can see the Tuva-tinys next week. 🤞🏻
FEEL BETTER SOON @Tuvalu AND FAMILY!! :geek: :geek: :geek: 😍 😍 o_O o_O I hope you had a very merry holiday!
We had a sweet Christmas despite the circumstances....but look forward to being all together next year.
I hope you and your DH had a merry one!
Hope everyone is better soon.
Thanks, Tracey. Hope you and Chris are safe and well.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you, Minnie. Highly recommend Schitt’s Creek if you find a source to watch it (currently on Pop TV network and Netflix.)

Don't have Netflix, but I did happen to notice the other day a new station, Pop, on my DirecTV lineup. I'll check it out to see if I can find out when the show is on. Of course, at this point, I haven't seen it from the beginning, so not sure if I'll "get" the humor as much, as if I did see it from the first episode (whenever that was aired).

LisaBelle

I was super behind in my TR reading. I couldn't remember where I'd left off so I started from page one and binge read your entire report today. I've loved every moment of it, especially the photos of the Tuva Tinys at WDW. Hope you are all feeling better. Looking forward to rest of your adventures.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Don't have Netflix, but I did happen to notice the other day a new station, Pop, on my DirecTV lineup. I'll check it out to see if I can find out when the show is on. Of course, at this point, I haven't seen it from the beginning, so not sure if I'll "get" the humor as much, as if I did see it from the first episode (whenever that was aired).
If you go to PopTV.com and click on Schitt’s Creek (watch episodes) then DirectTV (choose your provider) you should be able to watch the series from the beginning.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was super behind in my TR reading. I couldn't remember where I'd left off so I started from page one and binge read your entire report today. I've loved every moment of it, especially the photos of the Tuva Tinys at WDW. Hope you are all feeling better. Looking forward to rest of your adventures.
I am honored by your binge reading!:bookworm:

I hope to continue in the next day or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom