Shows At Wdw Theme Parks

imagineersrock

Original Poster
Hey there, im just curious about something; i've heard you can get fastpasses for shows (like INDY at MGM) but im just wondering whats the point??? do you get better seats or something? -i just dont see why you would need a fastpass for a show:veryconfu -please help me out here, thanks!:cool:

TURKEY

You can get a fastpass and not wait in line more than 5 minutes to get to the show and not show up until right before show time.

The other option is getting there usually 30 minutes or so early before the show starts.

AddyL

Two reasons that I can think of:

1) The fastpass guarentees you a seat, so long as you return during your window. During busy times of year, or at smaller capacity shows like "Who wants to be a Millionaire - Play it!" you might not get a seat if you don't show up half an hour in advance. Or you might be relegated to standing room in the Indiana Jones show. The fastpass eliminates this as a possibility.

2) You can do something else while you wait. Most shows advise you to show up half an hour early, and then you have to stand around outside. If you have a fastpass, you can go, get a drink or see something less busy, and then generally enter about 5 minutes before showtime and get seated right away.

We don't tend to use fastpasses for the Indiana Jones show, because the theatre is so big. You can almost always see the show if you wait 'till the last minute to enter, although you might end up in standing room only. But we usually get fastpasses for "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" because the theatre is relatively small, and for "Who wants to be a millionaire" because it's still relatively new and very popular. When I was there last week the posted wait time for "Who wants to be a millionaire" was 90 minutes!:eek: Needless to say, we grabbed a fastpass right away!

tenchu

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
You can get a fastpass and not wait in line more than 5 minutes to get to the show and not show up until right before show time.

The other option is getting there usually 30 minutes or so early before the show starts.

Or an hour for the festival of the lion king! :rolleyes:

:wave:

AddyL

Help! How do I delete a post? Stupid computer...

PS. Yeah, it would be great if they had fastpasses for the Festival of the Lion king!

meeko_33785

Like mentioned earlier, the FastPasses don't get you better seats, but they give you priority for the shows, guarenteeing you a seat. For instance, you could wait in line for hours waiting to get into Little Mermaid, while if you get a fastpass, you get a specific showtime to come back to. It's very helpful and saves you from waiting long periods of time for the show.

Mission: SPACE

Also, using FastPass usually guarantees you a better seat. For instance, in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, you can get a seat close to the stage instead of being up in the nosebleed section on the last row!!!

Becky

Originally posted by imagineersrock
so how does it work, do they block off a section and say "reserved for fastpass only?" :lookaroun

I don't know how Millionaire works as I have never had a desire to see it.:D

However for VotLMM and Indy they do NOT block off seats. You just get in before they let the stand by people in.

It pays to get the Fast Pass. When I saw Indy it was early entry day at MGM. By the time all the Fast Pass people were in it looked completely full.

Voyage was the same. The holding area was completly full of Fast Pass people. Maybe a few stand by people got in but if so not many.

Use the Fast Pass.

I must say we did use fastpass at Millionaire but we had a problem. While we were probably the last group in of the FP line they actually let all the regular people in 1st and they counted us. While we got in our whole family could not sit together. While it was o.k. to be in the show and not wait in the line it really ruined our family experience of all being together. Thank heavens my kids were old enough to be by themselves etc. I think for this show they should let the FP in 1st and let us pick out where we want to sit 1st etc.

TURKEY

Originally posted by marypopmom
I must say we did use fastpass at Millionaire but we had a problem. While we were probably the last group in of the FP line they actually let all the regular people in 1st and they counted us. While we got in our whole family could not sit together. While it was o.k. to be in the show and not wait in the line it really ruined our family experience of all being together. Thank heavens my kids were old enough to be by themselves etc. I think for this show they should let the FP in 1st and let us pick out where we want to sit 1st etc.

I don't think that FP should necessairly all get in first. Doing that would have the front all FP, which I think you should be rewarded by standing in a line for that long usually.

I think FP should be let in 5 minutes before stand-by and have enough seating reserved (such as one section) for a majority if not all FP. Then let in stand-by and FP stragglers. I think stand-by should have at least 2/3 of what's left (all but one section) and then FP can fill in the rest of the other non-reserved sections.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom