Shouldn't Storybook Circus be its own land and not part of Fantasyland?

J4546

Disney will probably develop the land on the other side of the train tracks just east of SBC and north of TRON sometime in the future. Its a pool of water now, but they can relocate that and create and underpass linking that giant piece of land and it big enough for its own toontown

lazyboy97o

Disney will probably develop the land on the other side of the train tracks just east of SBC and north of TRON sometime in the future. Its a pool of water now, but they can relocate that and create and underpass linking that giant piece of land and it big enough for its own toontown
You think Disney is going to tunnel down into an area that is current a retention pond? If they were planning on using the land they wouldn’t have expanded the pond.

mharrington

Original Poster
Considering that Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway is being added to Disneyland's Toontown and that it's already at the Studios in Florida, if they do use that space, I doubt it will be for another Toontown.

yensidtlaw1969

100% this!! I have always said MMRR would have been a much better fit at MK than DHS. I think California got it right placing their version in DL.
And here I am thinking both that MMRR is the right fit for Studios (though it should have been built in the Animation Courtyard) and that it would have been a better fit at DCA, since Toontown features a distinctly different interpretation of Mickey . . .

I also think that it's true that both DCA and Studios are in need of more and new attractions WAY more than Magic Kingdom and Disneyland are . . . at least in the shorter term.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
100% this!! I have always said MMRR would have been a much better fit at MK than DHS. I think California got it right placing their version in DL.
I also would have preferred it to take over the Main Street Theater, TBH. An actual attraction on Main Street would have been cool.
And here I am thinking both that MMRR is the right fit for Studios
I think it is, too. But, as you said, not in the location they chose. The original Toontown with Roger Rabbit idea that they were going to do originally would have been great as well.

However, since that doesn't exist, I wish it had gone into Storybook Circus instead..

(For the record, I would have also been fine without the attraction at all. It's not that great.)

N2dru

And here I am thinking both that MMRR is the right fit for Studios (though it should have been built in the Animation Courtyard) and that it would have been a better fit at DCA, since Toontown features a distinctly different interpretation of Mickey . . .

I also think that it's true that both DCA and Studios are in need of more and new attractions WAY more than Magic Kingdom and Disneyland are . . . at least in the shorter term.
I agree that DCA & DHS are in need of more attractions, however I feel Mickey is most associated with the castle parks. That's why Toontown's removal from the MK was such a loss. We lost his and Minnie's home. A lot of ppl come to the MK wanting to see them & where they live. The average guest won't care that on the ride it's a different interpretation of him. In their eyes it's still Mickey and they got to visit his home and his attraction. Plus there was no way Disney would create a ride based on their most popular character and not place it in Walt's original park. Just a few of my thoughts.

doctornick

Worthwhile is relative. It's got a splash pad for kids, Dumbo, and a junior coaster. If they replaced the tents with a CarToon Spin type of ride it'd have something for everyone.

Should have included a clone of the DL Pinocchio ride in one of the tents.

To the OP's point, yes, I would agree that Storybook Circus should be it's own land, separate from Fantasyland.

mharrington

Original Poster
I agree that DCA & DHS are in need of more attractions, however I feel Mickey is most associated with the castle parks. That's why Toontown's removal from the MK was such a loss. We lost his and Minnie's home. A lot of ppl come to the MK wanting to see them & where they live. The average guest won't care that on the ride it's a different interpretation of him. In their eyes it's still Mickey and they got to visit his home and his attraction. Plus there was no way Disney would create a ride based on their most popular character and not place it in Walt's original park. Just a few of my thoughts.

To be fair, Mickey and Minnie's homes in Florida were never really their actual homes, but their vacation homes. Disneyland is where they truly live. Actually, right now at least, you can't even go into Mickey and Minnie's homes in California either. At least, I don't think you can.

Should have included a clone of the DL Pinocchio ride in one of the tents.

I'm not sure how it would work, considering that "Pinocchio" is clearly set in a Germanic Italy, while Storybook Circus is clearly set in an American Midwestern-looking farmland-like area. I think they made the right call at Disneyland to put the Pinocchio ride in Fantasyland proper instead of the never-built Dumbo's Circusland.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Admittedly, I wouldn't go as far as to replace this area, though, just break it off into its own land, separate from Fantasyland.
I mean. It really is, for all intents and purposes. That's as much of a "land entrance" as you'll ever see.

1632929458391.png

MickeyLuv'r

I always thought the houses were an abomination because the style of the houses didn't fit with everything else. On top of that, they lacked interactive elements. If they were going to add the houses, then they should have been more like the Pooh queue, or Universal's Seuss playground/splash area.

I also find the MMRR version of the characters ugly and jarring. To me, they aren't styled so much as needlessly crude and ugly. They remind me of Nickelodeon's Ren and Stimpy. Mind, the way Ren and Stimpy were drawn was a fit, because the it fit the characters' crude/rude personalities/stories.

Mickey should not look crude, because that is not his personality. In cartooning, angles and ugly have meaning. Villains have angles and are ugly.

mharrington

Original Poster
So again, I ask: without any sarcasm, how does a Midwestern-looking train station and barn fit in Fantasyland? For reference, here is a shot of the train station again:
fantasyland-railroad-train-station-entrance-sign-walt-disney-world-railroad-carolwood-park-clock-magic-kingdom-disney-world-635x370.jpg

Compare this station with other Fantasyland stations in Paris...
5513584497_cc30e301be_b.jpg

...and Hong Kong, both of which fit in relatively better:
c5bc83b698350d0528b74c05e3eff661.jpg

runnsally

All MK lands have varying sections within. Adventureland has Caribbean Plaza, as someone mentioned earlier. Frontierland has Tom Sawyer Island, Liberty Square has the mansion area tucked away in a corner, Fantasyland has Storybook Circus, and Tomorrowland has dated go-karts for some reason.
I don’t know what your vision of tomorrow is, but for me a better tomorrow is being driven around in compact, yet energy inefficient vehicles by my children.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom