Should we rent a car?

ajmanns

We are coming down to disney for 10 days (aren't we lucky?) and will be staying off grounds, but very close for 5 nights, and the remaining 5 nights at Port Orleans Riverside. We want to take one day and go over to Universal Studios. We are flying down so will need to get to our hotel and back to the airport also. In your opinions, is it better to rent a car for the 10 days, or just get airport shuttles and a taxi to Universal?

mandib

I vote rent a car. With a car you can explore so much more. Contrary to popular belief there are other things in Orlando/Kissimee besides WDW and USF. Well if you do take a trip down I-drive. Also theres plenty to do on 192. We always seem to find the best rates from Alamo but book earlier and when the prices are good they change all the time!

Upvote 0

goofyman

Get the car, there are always specials to be found with rentals and there is NOTHING like the freedom to come and go as you please . No matter how good wdw transpotaion is. Have a great rip!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
rent a car... just remember, driving in Orlando can be an adventure... and is Orlando's #1 thrill ride

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I agree, rent a car. It's almost always faster then Disney transportation. Although, the first few days off site you will have to pay parking.
There are great deals on rental cars. With the airport shuttles and taxi to universal, you will probably come close to the same price.
I'm sure Pam can find you a good deal and Mousesavers.com lists rental discount codes. Although speaking from experience, it can take a good hour to try them all to make sure you're getting the best one. So maybe Pam is the best option!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom