Should we bring jackets

snowdog

Should we bring jackets to DW in May, is there alot of rain normally at this time. I would
appreciate any information. Is it nice enough to go to the water parks and swim and not
be cold. Thank you very much in advance.:lookaroun

The Mom

Premium Member
It should be warm enough for the waterparks...the temp here is 75 @ 9:30AM...Orlando is about 5-10 degrees warmer. May is GENERALLY not as rainy as June-August, but I always bring a poncho to WDW. I also bring a light jacket/sweater for the occasional arctic restaurant/attraction! I have a lightweight water-resistant jacket I use in the "non-rainy" season. It's OK for a shower; useless in the infamous Florida deluges! ;)

Upvote 0

dalton30720

May is usually a great time to go. Not too hot, not too humid, not too rainy. As Mom says, the rainy season doesn't start until June. So, if your trip is in late May you might want to be prepared for a few showers or thunderstorms. Weather patterns can be hard to predict for this area. It's best to be prepared for just about anything.

month.....avg high....avg low....avg precip JANUARY......78.............60............2.30
FEBRUARY....71............44............3.02
MARCH.........64............46............3.21
APRIL...........95............64............1.80
MAY.............90.............67...........3.55
JUNE............97............75............7.32
JULY.............84............74............7.25
AUGUST........95...........74............6.78
SEPTEMBER...89...........74.............6.01
OCTOBER......87............66............2.42
NOVEMBER....84...........59.............2.30
DECEMBER....66...........50.............2.15

Upvote 0

Tigggrl

I have some long sleeved denim shrts I usually take with me, as Mom said, the rides and the restaurants can sometimes be cold, and even I may I can catch a chill off of the lagoons....especially at night, and one time I had gotten sunburned and was FREEZING after dark, so it helps..as far as rain, Its usually not a problem here in May...ponchos are best for those days:)

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Tigggrl
I have some long sleeved denim shrts I usually take with me, as Mom said, the rides and the restaurants can sometimes be cold, and even I may I can catch a chill off of the lagoons....especially at night, and one time I had gotten sunburned and was FREEZING after dark, so it helps..as far as rain, Its usually not a problem here in May...ponchos are best for those days:)

I agree with her! Tie something around your waist that you can use for when you go inside the attractions... being outside in the heat and all of a sudden getting into the a/c can get you a cold...

As for the rain.... if you get any rain, it will be between 3 and 4pm. I would carry a poncho... those are the lightest things to carry, or just wait for the rain to pass inside an attraction. Chances are it will not last more than 30 mins. ;)

I always pack two things no matter where I am going: a swimsuit and a sweater... you never know! ;)

Upvote 0

Coronado

No coats, sweater, jackets required in May......BUT.....be prepared to buy rain gear.....I always take a pauncho.....If it starts raining you can recognize me around the park.....I'm the one wearing the yellow pauncho with a Mickey on the back.......:lol:

Upvote 0

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I suggest that you bring something just in case everytime I go I usually bring a jacket or a sweatshirt just in case it gets cold at night or if it rains.

Upvote 0

howlin_mad

dalton30720, you might wanna recheck those numbers. Here are some other average highs, lows, and rainfall for the Orlando area.

January.....72ºF - 49ºF 2.3"
February....73ºF - 50ºF 3.0"
March.......78ºF - 55ºF 3.2"
April.......84ºF - 60ºF 1.8"
May.........88ºF - 66ºF 3.6"
June........91ºF - 71ºF 7.3"
July........92ºF - 73ºF 7.3"
August......92ºF - 73ºF 6.9"
September...90ºF - 72ºF 6.0"
October.....84ºF - 65ºF 2.4"
November....78ºF - 57ºF 2.3"
December....73ºF - 51ºF 2.2"

Remember that these numbers are just averages, and the actual daytime highs/lows may be way off at times.

Upvote 0

dalton30720

Originally posted by howlin_mad
dalton30720, you might wanna recheck those numbers...

Howlin_mad: I did check my numbers. I found many sources of monthy temps and rainfall for the Orlando area. The numbers I posted are historical averages from NOAA which also matched the numbers reported by the Weather Channel website. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings regarding my post.

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

I have one of those water repellant windbreakers that packs into a little bag you can clip to a belt loop. ( I've lost too many jackets to count)

I Gap has them seasonally. So do the camping stores.

And you can throw small items (glasses, change, etc) in the bag during WLID rides.

Upvote 0

FatBoy976

I grew up in Miami. I hate the cold with a passion and I start to dress warmly if the temperature drops to anything close to 70. Trust me when I say the only thing you could possibly need for May weather is a rain coat. Enjoy the water parks too, it will be plenty hot.

Upvote 0

howlin_mad

Originally posted by dalton30720

Howlin_mad: I did check my numbers. I found many sources of monthy temps and rainfall for the Orlando area. The numbers I posted are historical averages from NOAA which also matched the numbers reported by the Weather Channel website. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings regarding my post.

I was simply referring to your numbers being mistyped in your post. For example, average high 95ºF in April, 84ºF in July, and average low 60ºF in January.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom