Should I wait to register at the hotel?

elatino

Staying at the Contemporary Resort (MK view) Dec 16-23. Was wondering if checking in online lowers my chances of a room upgrade? Do they even upgrade to club level? Has anybody gotten a bump up when checking in online? Thanks in advanced.
Enrique

007mickey

I had asked this question a few weeks ago, here are some responses. I hope this helps.

From Jessie&Buzz: "We did online check in for our trip last week. We were upgraded for the first time ever. I don't know if it has anything to do with it or if we just got lucky. We were at WL and got upgraded from a woods view bunk room to a courtyard view bunk room."

From the man Master Yoda: "No. Free upgrades are only done for operational needs of the resort and can no longer just be handed out on a whim by a CM."

Upvote 0

Edisto Pluto

We used online registration at the BC in July. It really made things quicker. As well we checked in at 9AM and our room was ready for us. I don't know about the upgrade but our room location was great.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I used online check in and ended up waiting longer in line than the regular check in.

Also, keep in mind at some resorts, it may be difficult to find where the online check in area is. It wasn't marked very well in Sept. when I went.

Also, I was staying at Pop, so the only bump I could have recieved was a preferred room, however, we did request a king sized bed room and weren't given one. So, I think it really is luck of the draw.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I actually think online check in gives you an advantage because you get the 1st available room in the computer system (I think). Last week, I stayed at MUSIC but paid for a standard room. I had did online check in and my room was literally right next to the main pool. No more than a 7 minute walk - I was in Jazz.

Upvote 0

wdwwdeagle

Staying at the Contemporary Resort (MK view) Dec 16-23. Was wondering if checking in online lowers my chances of a room upgrade? Do they even upgrade to club level? Has anybody gotten a bump up when checking in online? Thanks in advanced.
Enrique
I've never done online check in, but yes....

We stayed at Contemp. in September, and checked in at the front desk when we arrived. I was given an upgrade from a garden wing room to a club level bay view on the 12th floor. It was great!

Same thing happened in April 2008 at the Polynesian... when I arrived to check in I was given an upgrade from regular garden view to club level garden view in Hawaii building.

I hope you get something when you go, too, but if not, you'll still have a great trip.

Upvote 0

magicbymarriage

Last trip stayed at Pop and did online check in. Requested a king bed and any building except one. When we checked in they assigned us two doubles in the one building I didn't want. The cm at check in was able to change the building but still no king bed. No big deal but in my opinion online check in didn't help at all.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

We did the on-line check in for our Sept trip to ASMu and it was a breeze. We were greeted at the door by a supervisor and were asked if we did the on-line or needed to fully check in and we were pointed right to where we needed to go. They were more than happy to answer any questions that we had and were about to go through the whole list of things when I let them in on that we were veterns of WDW. All in all we had everything we needed within 5 minutes and were back out to park the car. It was amazing.

Upvote 0

Mystic

I actually think online check in gives you an advantage because you get the 1st available room in the computer system (I think). Last week, I stayed at MUSIC but paid for a standard room. I had did online check in and my room was literally right next to the main pool. No more than a 7 minute walk - I was in Jazz.

Actually it makes no difference because your reservation doesn't leave Central Reservations until 2 days before your actual arrival date, at which point it goes to the room assignment team. All online check in does is allow the resort to put together your welcome package and room keys prior to your arrival. You got that room because that's the room the assignment team gave you. You would have had that room even if you hadn't done online check in.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom