Should I buy Annual Pass?

fernix

Hi,

We are booked for 14 days at Pop in October and are looking to book 14 days for August 09.

The price of 2 x 14 day ultimate tickets bought in UK works out about the same price as an Annual Pass.

I would like to know if you think it's worth buying the annual pass? What are the benefits, if any?

Obviously, living in UK we will not benefit from using it anymore than the two holidays.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Princess Clayre

We live in the UK too and are also buying an annual pass this year. The main reason was because at certain times of the year disney release discounted room rates. We're travelling in May and got a big discount at the wilderness lodge for the second week of our stay for buying the annual pass.

I don't think you can buy them in the Uk and if you buy them via the Disney website I understand they post you a voucher to exchange. Because I never trust the post we are going to get our as soon as we arrive.

With any luck we might squeeze in a second trip before the pass expires :D

Upvote 0

fernix

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, I will efinately consider buying an annual pass.

I'm not sure that we will get reasonably priced flight only in August to enable us to take advantage of the reduced room rates, but I will check it out.

Can you please give me more information on the dining experience, I assume it's different to the Dining Plan.

Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The Disney Dining Experience card costs $65 with the AP discount. It gets you 20% off all your Table Service dining for tables of up to ten [but has an automatic gratuity of 18% added]. Basically, it saves you 2% plus whatever you would normally tip. The discount includes anything you order [not just entree and dessert with a non-alcoholic beverage] including any alcohol. It'll also discount drinks at bars. If there are no TS restaurants available in the park or resort, you can use it at the CS.

It's a lot less restrictive as to what you can order and covers more stuff than the Dining Plan. I think it's a great deal.

The AP also gets you 10%off purchases at World of Disney.

Upvote 0

fernix

Original Poster
Thanks MontyMon.

I'm staying at Pop in October, as there is no TS there would the 20% discount apply in the food hall?

Are there any restrictions to 10% discount at World of Disney?

Many Thanks

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

If (as you suggest) you're going to WDW for 28 days in a 12 month period then the AP is almost a certainity to be better value than 2 x 14 Day UK passes. Coupled to that there is the opportunity to get a great deal on room rates (if you can fly at almost the drop of a hat)
You will NOT get much in the way of discounted airfares from UK to Orlando in August - its school holidays and the airlines seem to be able to charge anything they want

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Thanks MontyMon.

I'm staying at Pop in October, as there is no TS there would the 20% discount apply in the food hall?

Many Thanks
Yes, you can use it in the Pop food court.
I'm not sure about the AP discount, but you also get 10% off at World of Disney with the Disney Visa, but you have to spend at least $50. It may be something similar to that.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

There are other AP perks besides the ones already mentioned. There is AP exclusive merchandise, i.e. hats, pins, and shirts. With the AP you have free parking at all the parks. You receive AP emails throughout the year as well. Another thing, when the price of park entry goes up as it does each year, you already have paid for your pass and are not subject to the price increase.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thanks MontyMon.

Many Thanks
The DDE discount at Pop is good for Everything Pop [dining only] and Classic Concoctions. The only restriction on the AP discount at WOD is you can't use it for the purchase of Disney Dollars.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom