Should disney really change thier rides to not scare kids?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
disneyisbest said:
See that won't matter because morons are always going to be morons. I think it is a gene passed down by the moron parents of morons.

Do you think I used the word moron enough?

Having gone through the "Full Metal Jacket" style guidance from a drill sergeant trust me even the brain dead will get the message, even if he wasnt really my mother now.:drevil:

frankd1962

I didn't go through all the other postings but here's my two cents.

When I hear that someone is going to go to visit, I tell them to stop at the local big bookstore and pick up the latest version of Birnbaum. It will tell about all the attractions at the time of publishing so they can tell if their kids will be at the height limit for some of the rides, how scary they are and where they will be in the Resorts. I also tell them to get the Birnbaum for kids by kids then hand out highlighters so the little ones can highlight the stuff they want to see and do. It will give the entire family a chance to see what they should plan on to try to visit or explain why they might not go on it.

Second, I recommend sites like here for them to visit because they'll be getting a fan's view of the attraction's, whether a attraction is open or closed and info behind them all.

Everyone has come back and thanked me for all the ideas I gave them to research before getting there and not have to bring (for other reasons) a change of briefs for the kiddies or even themselves.

The biggest tip I will tell them off the bat - No matter what the sign says for Kali River you WILL GET WET to the skin ALL OVER!!!:D :lol:

bigang

.The MK is turning into a watered down child playground, it isn't like it used to be. The only reason I can think of this happening is money... The gift shops... ETC. Replacing old rides with popular characters is one way to save money and gain more money. Just think about it... more parents go to the parks with thier children. Most kids are probably going to want their parents to buy something they recognize, like Stich, Pooh, and the princesses. It's all about the money, and sorry to say but Disney has become more greedy.

To anyone who remembers what it was like before AE... some of you all might believe I am right about the atmosphere. It's not Main Street, Frontierland, or Liberty Square. It is every other land I didn't mention... And like I said about the money...

*Adventureland- Magic Carpets of Aladdin... The whole jungle atmosphere was completely ruined when that ride came in.
*Tomorrowland- Buzz is killing the atmosphere... Stich is a little ok, but the characters are ruining the theme of that area.
*Fantasyland- Pooh Bear's playground area and the ride which takes up about 40% of Fantasyland completely killed the atmosphere. (I honestly think an Alice in Wonderland ride would of been a waaaaay better replacement for Toad. The playground would of been fine, but having 1 popular character taking up that much of fantasyland is a bit extreme.)
*Toon Town- How is this place really Toon Town? There is something really off still. The tent has to be it... There was this farm theme that went on for a good period of time, but then the whole place is now some kind of random mess. I think the farm theme was allot better then it is now. Even around 1994 it was allot better without the coaster. That area didn't need a ride in the early 90s, it had a great show and it had great atmosphere. Now it is aplace for all the little girls to go see thier favorite princesses!!! Wow... how did the Disney Princesses end up in a Circus Tent? Which now is a huge giftshop? The place is a money pit, and that is the only reason it is like that now.
....i do not recall ever seeing walt saying disney would be free, or for that matter inexpensive. the disney brand and quality is and always has been above and beyond the competition , been to a six flags recentley? how about
universal, i hear the bottled water is only $7 now. i am not sure about you, but my 6 year old daughter had the time of her life seeing the princesses. you want farm themes, go to dollywood. as a disney stockholder, i myself appreciate when my company turns a profit ,and provides a service that is world class, and is the best at what they do, in industires that have fierce competition, if we all love disney so much we should be proud of what they have accomplished and maintaned over all these years

HMGhost13

bigang what the heck is your post about???

anyway. i don't see a "dumbing down" mainly cause i was too young when i first started visiting MK. I think the stitch from AE was bogus. an excuse to use stitch, though my dad and i both got a bad feeling from the get go with Lilo & Stitch when stitch was in some kind of "chamber" at the start of the movie. The AA is amazing. the story sucks. just flat out. AE did fit in, whether you wish to believe it or not. of course it wasn't adventure land, liberty square or main street. why do you think it was in Tomorrowland? it may have been "scary" but even some scifi movies are scary ("Alien" ring a bell?).

anyway, what's done is done. we can try to change it but i doubt it'll happen.

bigang

...sorry i messed that up , i was trying to respond to bigbadwolfs post re:
disney being a money pit

i do not recall ever seeing walt saying disney would be free, or for that matter inexpensive. the disney brand and quality is and always has been above and beyond the competition , been to a six flags recentley? how about universal, i hear the bottled water is only $7 now. i am not sure about you, but my 6 year old daughter had the time of her life seeing the princesses. you want farm themes, go to dollywood. as a disney stockholder, i myself appreciate when my company turns a profit ,and provides a service that is world class, and is the best at what they do, in industires that have fierce competition, if we all love disney so much we should be proud of what they have accomplished and maintaned over all these years

pintraderpayee

I don't like the idea of Disney giving in to pressure and changing rides just because someone's kids got scared. The warnings are posted, parents should follow them. Heart patients, expectant mothers, and people who suffer motion sickness all follow the warnings. Why can't parents? My 12 year old first visited Disney as a 7 year old. Each year since we've revisited WDW and each has had a milestone for her. Example: "This year I'm tall enough to ride.....This year I'm brave enough to ride......This year I'm too old to do....etc. For annual Disney-trippers it is a coming-of-age thing.

Still missing Alien Encounter

6 weeks 1 day until departure trip #6:sohappy: ºoº:sohappy:ºoº :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom