Shorts or pants?

monorailguy01

Original Poster
I was reading posts about how chilly it is the begining of March, and I was never In Disney in March, always May or July, So this is for the people who go in March. Would you say to wear shorts or pants to the parks? and what about a jacket do you think I will need one at night?

tigsmom

We've been in March before and are going again this year. Some days are warm enough for shorts, but you need pants and a jacket after sundown.

The weather has be cold throughout the US lately so I'm not planning on bringing too many pairs of shorts, but light pants.

belle0517

In March I usually started out in the early morning with a light jacket. By lunch it was off but by early evening it was back on. I did not wear shorts at all.

justducky78

I've heard it can be warm in the day (70's-80's) but cooler (50-60's) in the evening. Or sometimes they get a cold spell and it's just cold all day long!

So...I'm packing one pair of shorts, some capri's and jeans/pants. I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt with my puffer vest on the plane with jeans, bringing along a fleece jacket (with some short/long t's to wear underneath) and basically planning on dressing like I would in the springtime in Chicago...in layers. So if it gets warmer during the day, you can peel off top layers and still feel comfortable.

Obviously, my husband won't be wearing capris (lol!) but he's bringing along nice jeans/shirts for the evening, a fleece jacket, t'shirts and shorts to wear.

Well, now that everyone know my whole packing list! :lol: Hopefully it won't get too cold! I'm hoping it's nice and warm for all of us traveling down there in Feb/March! :D

Theresonly1

That is the same question I have been wondering about. We are going March 18-24...you can bet I will be checking the weather channels alot! :lol:

MBrockner

I Live 90 miles north of Cuba and my suggestion would be shorts during the day and pants and sweatshirt at night...also look at how windy it will be for the day or days of your trip, north winds make the temps feel cooler than actual.

monorailguy01

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, now I know to pack shorts and pants, as well as long sleeve shirts and tee shirts... Oh yeah a light jacket too :lol:

wendysmom

Let weather.com be your friend! I watch what they say (as well as the Weather Channel itself) and haven't been burned yet! Actually, we've gone to Disney for many Marches (Marchi?:lookaroun ) and have had incredibly fantastic weather...but who knows! We'll be down the 16th-23rd of March and after the 20's of Michigan, 60's would be short weather!:animwink:

smk

I have been there in March (late March) with my winter coat on! You can never tell until it is time for your trip, go to weather.com and get the 10 day forecast. Then you can at least prepare for what to take, until then...just dream of your vacation!:)

lcsrig

Another website that you can check as early as 15 days in advance is www.accuweather.com. Just put in the zip (32830) and when that comes up click on "15 days". We are leaving in 20 days and I am already trying to get an idea of what the weather SHOULD be like.
Have fun!

KimnAbby

Usually my family and I also go in May, but we've gone in February, March, December, October, etc. I think long pants and shorts is a good idea. We went in December and it was pants weather the entire trip, until our last day when we were swimming all day long because it got so hot!

I'm also going in March and I think the excitement of waiting to get back there is going to kill me!!!!

adventurelander

We went the 3rd week of March last year. Definately in the evening it gets chilly. One night we needed long pants and jackets. During the day it is warm, but by 3:00 it started getting chilly and it wasn't warm enough to go in the pool. I have also gone the last week of April beginning of May a couple of times and found the situation different both times, in 2004 it was hot and we went in the pool everyday. In 2005 it was cooler and we couldn't. We had to where light jackets a lot of the time. I guess it's best to pack for both conditions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom