News Short refurbishment planned for the Swiss Family Treehouse in March 2021

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Longer than 2 weeks. This is Disney we are talking about.
How long did it take them to set up the Soul exhibit? Not from the time it was announced. Just from when they started removing paintings and whatnot. I imagine the process would be just as complicated if they know how a screw gun and a couple of paint brushes/cans work.

Also, wasn't PeopleMover supposed to be a "short" refurbishment? Well... Short in regard to why it initially closed.

(For the record, I'm not saying it's happening... But it's not impossible)

Brer Oswald

How long did it take them to set up the Soul exhibit? Not from the time it was announced. Just from when they started removing paintings and whatnot. I imagine the process would be just as complicated if they know how a screw gun and a couple of paint brushes/cans work.

Also, wasn't PeopleMover supposed to be a "short" refurbishment? Well... Short in regard to why it initially closed.

(For the record, I'm not saying it's happening... But it's not impossible)
The Soul thing was a couple of posters and some instruments. I think you’re underestimating how many “props” are in the Treehouse.

It took nearly 4 months to change the Disneyland one, and that was without COVID.

Brer Oswald

I don’t really have any attachment to the Swiss Family Robinson IP, but it would be a shame to see this retheme to Tarzan or something else (although that isn’t happening now).

The treehouse has this perfect blend of exaggerated Fantasy and realism in its props and set design. The only other place in the park that nails this are in the backwoods of Frontierland (that you can see on the Train) and on Tom Sawyer Island. Also don’t care much for that IP, but the execution is wonderful, and requires zero prior knowledge of me as a guest in order to appreciate it.

JIMINYCR

I'm another fan of the Treehouse. A spot where theres a relaxing stroll through without a backed up line to wait in. I find it gives a nice break from the crowds, a few nice park views through the branches, a lot of interesting items placed throughout with connections to a classic Disney film. I always can linger around, taking my time to enjoy it as part of my park day.

CynBeth

I'm another fan of the Treehouse. A spot where theres a relaxing stroll through without a backed up line to wait in. I find it gives a nice break from the crowds, a few nice park views through the branches, a lot of interesting items placed throughout with connections to a classic Disney film. I always can linger around, taking my time to enjoy it as part of my park day.

Same here.

Cedwards38

I too love the SFR Treehouse. It is traditionally the first stop for my family when we visit the MK. Shine it up, but don’t change the theme. I just bought my grandson the book so that he will understand it when we visit in 10/21.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom