Shockwave

CmdrTostada

Original Poster
Has anyone else seen the show? I loved it, especially their rendition of bohemian rhapsodies. If you havent seen it yet I would reccomend you go to EPCOT and see it.

BAM

Shock Wave Big Disapointment

Yeah sorry to say it folks but I thought the sequal to the award winning show Blast was a big let down to me. I must say this was one of the worst sequals to anything I've seen. Shockwave was probably half the show Blast was.

First off: I thought Blast was basically all percussion with some brass. Shockwave was completely different; it was basically all brass. I loved the percussion and how they did tricks with all the percusions. Now they dance around with percussion with boards and hook shaped flags.

Second: In Blast I there were those colored boxes on stage that had percussionists in each of the 6-8 of them (not sure on amount). Anyways in Blast II they had them again but only 3 of them had people in them; the rest were empty.

Third: I think that the dancers and performers were a little too robust. There was too many guys prancing around on stage acting all femanine (I'm not talking about the guy with the Norweigan hat with horns). It seemed like a lot of the performers on stage were gay.

I know I'm going to get probably a lot of people mad about my report of the show, but it was a major let down to me. One guy that saw Blast 2 said it was really good, but I am positive if he would have seen the Blast 1 first he would of thought it was a really bad sequal too.
Anyone else agree?

RobFL

Account Suspended
I saw the very last show of Shockwave in the American Gardens theater on Saturday.

The first time I saw the show, I hated the dancing part too. This last time, it was slightly altered and actually enjoyable. A few other changes had been made in the last month or so too to the show, all apparently for the better.

The final show was to capacity and had multiple standing ovations. Was the ebst I had seen it.

That's what it was at Epcot for, to work out the bugs.

-Rob

blink148

I saw it a week ago on thursday, and as a saxaphone player I thought it was great. :sohappy:
Didnt even know the show was coming to the end of its run...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom