News Shiki-Sai: Sushi Izakaya to open in EPCOT this summer

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
This will open in the former Tokyo Dining location at the Japan Pavilion.

"Foodies know that one of the best places to explore a variety of global cuisines is at EPCOT, which will soon be home to a new location at the Japan pavilion – Shiki-Sai: Sushi Izakaya. This table-service restaurant will offer a festive dining experience in a sharable Izakaya-style for you to create memories and good times through flavors.

Here, you’ll be able to experience the essence of Japan’s seasonal festivals, where each month brings a new celebration to your table. From hanging tanzaku to celebrate Tanabata in July to savoring moon-viewing dumplings in September, a cultural representative from Japan will guide you through each unique festival experience, one bite at a time. The atmosphere also embraces the festivals of Japan, with the atmosphere featuring beautiful, hand painted artwork and lanterns highlighting some of the natural wonders that Japan offers as well. Each and every visit is designed to create unforgettable memories that capture the spirit of Japan’s vibrant seasonal festivities.

In addition to a full menu filled with mouthwatering Japanese delights like sushi and teppan items, there will be an open sushi bar and grill. Located on the second floor of the Japan pavilion, Shiki-Sai offers stunning views of EPCOT, the World Showcase Lagoon, and, of course, fireworks!

Sushi lovers will marvel at the first-hand look at sushi being made right before their eyes by the chefs when sitting at the sushi bar. This unique spot provides a can’t-miss dining experience along with a magnificent trellis inspired by the roof of the Phoenix Hall in Kyoto that will mesmerize your eyes while the food captivates your taste buds."

More menu details in the announcement below.

WorldExplorer

This sounds awesome. I've been thinking for a while that it would be really cool if they ditched the "festivals" (yeah, I know, never going to happen) and instead had the countries celebrate whatever real festival their real counterpart might have going on at the moment. This sounds kinda similar.

I like sushi and really enjoy learning about celebrations in other countries, so this will absolutely be a must.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
This sounds awesome. I've been thinking for a while that it would be really cool if they ditched the "festivals" (yeah, I know, never going to happen) and instead had the countries celebrate whatever real festival their real counterpart might have going on at the moment. This sounds kinda similar.

I like sushi and really enjoy learning about celebrations in other countries, so this will absolutely be a must.
The problem with that would be the visitors vacations wouldn't coincide..Aka line up.

WorldExplorer

The problem with that would be the visitors vacations wouldn't coincide..Aka line up.

I figured they could rotate. There would be always be some celebrations going on (aim for at least four pavilions doing something at all times), but which pavilions were celebrating and the celebrations themselves would be changing constantly throughout the year (it wouldn't be every holiday because that would be nuts). Aim for when the festivals are actually happening in the real country, but extend it a bit longer than realistic where needed.

It would probably require finding some more obscure holidays and a lot of strategy to make sure there was consistently something happening...but I just find the concept more interesting than what they've currently got going on.

Last edited:

SpaceMountain77

IMG_7492.jpeg
IMG_7491.jpeg

Poseidon Quest

I'm usually critical of Disney but this sounds like an interesting change. I never experienced Tokyo Dining, but this very much sounds like an elevated experience. I really liked interacting with our server at Monsieur Paul and hearing his own personal anecdotes that related to the food and his experience in France, so I'm hoping that this is more of the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom