SheRox is BACK at Disneyland Resort!!!

LadyDarling

Original Poster
I have been waiting almost a year for Danskin to announce where the LA Women's Triathlon would be held. I'm THRILLED to note that it's BACK at the Disneyland Resort!:sohappy:
They haven't released the track info yet. Last year, we swam in the main laggoon in DCA that is currently empty. The swim this year is listed to be longer, at 1/2 a mile, so I'm wondering if it's in the Rivers of America. :shrug: I know there's LOT of show equipment in the lagoon (and let me tell you, the left overs in the DCA lagoon were not that deeply submerged. I cut my shin up after only a few 2-3 minutes in the water.
The bike has also been extended. Last year it was supposed to be 10 miles, but on race day, was rumored to be 11. The run was also supposed to be 2.5 miles, but was shortened to 2 miles as well (or so rumor had it). This year, the run was posted at 3.1 miles!
So I'm thinking all this "added space" may just take place in Disneyland instead of DCA. That would be AWESOME! :sohappy:
(For the record, I'm not a pro athelete. I have a large blog about my experience if some are interested - I'd be happy to post it).

LadyDarling

Original Poster
I was thinking that perhaps it was one lap around the Rivers of America. When we swam the DCA lagoon last year, we swam the perimeter of the lagoon.
I'm more concerned about getting hung up or injured by submerged show equipment.
I'm sure it's more than 1-2 feet deep - but that's because I'm sure the Mark Twain and Columbia would need more than that to operate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom