She-Hulk (Marvel Disney+ Series)

doctornick

The show really didn't interest me all that much from what had been shown so far. But this just made me absolutely not want to watch this show. It took Bruce what, 15ish years to master being the Hulk? The mcu Hulk movie was set in 2008ish, and end game was set about 2023. So She Hulk all of a sudden masters it in a couple weeks if that? Not only that, she's better than Bruce? I'm just not sure why Disney is so afraid to make their female characters actually struggle, and grow. You know, be relatable.

Maybe it's just the trailer and there's more to it. But from what I've seen from the mcu that's exactly how it will be.
I feel like I must have watched a different trailer. Where exactly is it indicating She Hulk is “better” than Bruce? Because she threw a boulder further (even though it doesn’t look like Hulk was trying very hard)? I guess there was the balance thing but I just interpreted that as Jennifer probably having done Pilates or Yoga or whatever and just having better balance.

She Hulk has always been able to control the transformations and had her normal personality in green form so I’m not sure if that is the complaint but that’s just being comic accurate.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I feel like I must have watched a different trailer. Where exactly is it indicating She Hulk is “better” than Bruce? Because she threw a boulder further (even though it doesn’t look like Hulk was trying very hard)? I guess there was the balance thing but I just interpreted that as Jennifer probably having done Pilates or Yoga or whatever and just having better balance.

She Hulk has always been able to control the transformations and had her normal personality in green form so I’m not sure if that is the complaint but that’s just being comic accurate.
Not saying I agree with it, but the idea is that Jennifer is able to pick up being a Hulk faster than it took Bruce. Bruce had to struggle with his anger (as seen in the early films) and so this idea that Jennifer is able to handle that quicker bothers some people. You have some that feel every character needs to struggle otherwise they don't deserve whatever is bestowed upon them, which I think is silly.

Bruce has always been seen as a self centered loner scientist who has rage issues. Jennifer is the opposite, and so is able to quickly pick up how to handle and control the Hulk side because of that. That has been at the core of the character in my opinion, she is an opposite to Bruce.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not saying I agree with it, but the idea is that Jennifer is able to pick up being a Hulk faster than it took Bruce. Bruce had to struggle with his anger (as seen in the early films) and so this idea that Jennifer is able to handle that quicker bothers some people. You have some that feel every character needs to struggle otherwise they don't deserve whatever is bestowed upon them, which I think is silly.

Bruce has always been seen as a self centered loner scientist who has rage issues. Jennifer is the opposite, and so is able to quickly pick up how to handle and control the Hulk side because of that. That has been at the core of the character in my opinion, she is an opposite to Bruce.
Also... as the comics expanded the number of gamma-powered beings, if every one of them had to go through the Disassociative (Rage) Personality Disorder, then it would just be a rehash of Bruce/Hulk. And so, for the same of a narrative that wasn't simply repetitive, the other gamma-powered beings had to be on a different track in dealing with their powers apart from Bruce/Hulk.

LSLS

True to the comics, She-Hulk and other gamma transmogrified hulkoids, did not have the 'troubles' Bruce did in having two distinct personalities, one with an uncontrollable rage.

She wasn't gama-irradiated in some explosion. Instead, she got a blood transfusion from Bruce, altering her type of hulksterism. Rest assured Bruce's Hulk will remain stronger and his science intellect smarter.

Or, accept that the next generation of humans or heroes or hulks are better. That's why Olympic records keep getting broken.

Was just going to post this, it's exactly as it's supposed to be. I also believe if they stay pretty true to comics you could see an even stronger Hulk come out of Phase 6.

Personally, I think this looks a TON better than I was expecting. I originally had very little desire to see this, but this hyped me up (along with the other announcements so I see things coming together now).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just speculation, but it looks like Disney+ is finally spreading out their content? Star Wars/Disney on Wednesdays, Marvel on Thursdays, movies on Fridays. Or they could have moved it so one of the episodes lines up with Disney+ Day haha.
Yeah, on D+ Day (Sept 8) they will have premiering:
  • the new Pinocchio made-for-D+ movie
  • Growing Up
  • Epic Adventures documentaries on NatGeo
  • and Cars shorts

Maybe they're making a push to remind everyone that they have NatGeo still. ;)

jasminethecat

I hope she hulk is good, I will keep an open mind. Marvel does action-comedy pretty well and maybe it will awaken a new giant green woman fetish or something for me. I try to keep my expectations low since I am starting to feel some superhero fatigue lately. I might be the only person who didn't care for loki, and i thought ms marvel was good but not great. Loved WandaVision but I didn't like her role in the Dr. Strange sequel, i feel they should have been more explicit if it was the darkhold making her act like she did. I do think falcon and the winter soldier was surprisingly good because it made me give a crap about those two characters for once. Maybe i need to rewatch loki again? Sorry for my rambling blog entry today.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I was subjected to... I mean... I saw MULTIPLE different ads for this during The Bachelorette last night. (Yes, go ahead and judge - I earned that.) So clearly they think their audience for She-Hulk is the audience for The Bachelorette.

That said, the more I see of She-Hulk, the worse it looks... to me. Not every show is for everyone. I think this one may be the first big miss for me out of all the swings thus far for Marvel on Disney+. The only previous Marvel show I gave up on though was Agents of SHIELD which I was done with after the first four or five episodes (I heard it got better but never went back to confirm). Yes, I even watched all of Iron Fist (which SHOULD have become Daughters of the Dragon had it continued) AND Inhumans (I adored Anson Mount and was thrilled when he was cast in Star Trek and I liked a few other things about it even if it was a rehash of the Thor stories with the Game of Thrones guy playing Loki. It had Lockjaw. Literally all I needed to watch it.)

I will watch this. It may be a struggle for me to stick with it based on everything I've seen so far. It's just painfully unfunny to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom