Sharing Food

Raegansmommy

We also had an issue at Via Napoli. We told the waitress to begin with we were just going to share a meal. When it was time to get our check, all of a sudden this became an issue. She told me that because we were on the dining plan we can't share a meal. When we sat down we told her we were going to use 2 dining credits and pay for the rest of what we ordered. Definitely a little disappointed in how we were treated there and never experienced this using the dining plan before. We have shared before an never had any issues.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We also had an issue at Via Napoli. We told the waitress to begin with we were just going to share a meal. When it was time to get our check, all of a sudden this became an issue. She told me that because we were on the dining plan we can't share a meal. When we sat down we told her we were going to use 2 dining credits and pay for the rest of what we ordered. Definitely a little disappointed in how we were treated there and never experienced this using the dining plan before. We have shared before an never had any issues.
Via Napoli can be a bit different especially if you order a pizza as I believe that is considered a 2 credit meal for 2. There are also a smattering of other restaurants that have meals for two that cost 2 credits on the DDP. If I am not mistaken, La Hacienda, the Boathouse, Yachtsman and a few others all have menu items like that.

benice

Via Napoli can be a bit different especially if you order a pizza as I believe that is considered a 2 credit meal for 2. There are also a smattering of other restaurants that have meals for two that cost 2 credits on the DDP. If I am not mistaken, La Hacienda, the Boathouse, Yachtsman and a few others all have menu items like that.
Do you mean those will count as 4 credits (2 each) or a meal for two would be 2 credits? I've saw a few options on those menus that said for two people.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do you mean those will count as 4 credits (2 each) or a meal for two would be 2 credits? I've saw a few options on those menus that said for two people.
Meals for two are going to be double the single meal rate at whatever restaurant you are at. At a signature like Yachtsman that means 4 credits. At a regular restaurant like La Hacienda that would be 2 credits.

In the case of Via Napoli, I think the large pizza are 2 credits and the extra large might be 4, but I would not take my word as the gospel on that one.

Raegansmommy

We actually ordered a personal size, a few appetizers, and I believe my daughter's split a kids spaghetti. We used a dining credit for the personal pizza and the kids spaghetti and paid for the additional drinks and appetizers.

Korrieleslie

As a family of six with 2 teenage girls who didn’t eat much we would always have them split meals on the DDP. At the end of the trip we would have enough credits left for a signature meal. Worked out great for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom