Share your happiest moment at WDW!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

A day at Epcot in 1994 and I was almost 3 and already running around it was one of my first memories in life, my entire family grandparents and extended family were there and some who weren’t born until a year later which made it even better. I remember that whole day tho. The imagination fountains were my highlight tho even tho I had nightmares of falling into them. I still remember the stars on Spaceship Earth, Horizons, but the imagination part of my day the show at the Biergarten and Illuminations are the 3 things I remember the most.

jpinkc

My son being Punked by Sleeping Beauty. It was so cute and funny. My daughter was just falling all over her self to meet her and he was being a bit of a brat about it. She tried to get him to High Five her and she moved her hand it was cute and funny. She gave him a hug it was very sweet.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
2021 - I "forced" my parents to come with me and my daughter on our Thanksgiving trip. My mom was diagnosed with cancer in 2019 and was still feeling good enough to travel. She was supposed to come on a 2022 trip, but I made them come a year early. I'm glad I did, because by 2022, she wasn't able to travel.

She went on hospice in January, and today they told us she's in the near-active stage of dying. So she'll probably pass before Easter.

But in 2021, I got one more ride on IASW (her favorite ride) with her and my daughter. That is something I will never forget..

1710551621074.png

donaldtoo

I know it’s gonna’ seem like a cop out, but, there really are too many to choose from.
Happenings on our first family trip with all 3 of our young children to WDW in 2001…!!!!! :inlove::happy:
Our oldest daughters Sweet 16 birthday trip to WDW…!!!!! :happy:
Our oldest daughters 21st birthday trip to WDW, when she was proposed to in front of the castle…!!!!! :happy:
Our trip with our oldest granddaughter, when we flew to WDW in the morning, and back home that night…!!!!! :hilarious:
Our most recent trip last October to WDW with our 3 grown children, SonIL, and our 2 young granddaughters…!!!!!
Sooooo many happiest moments/favorite memories…!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

John park hopper

Told my sons we were going to FL to visit their aunt (my sister) really going to WDW drove to EPCOT. Kept them distracted and parked so you could see Spaceship Earth. Boys got out of the van took one look around and they screamed we'er at WDW-----priceless

Last edited:

belledream

Our first trip as a family of 4 in 2022. After everything that had happened, we had a glorious 11 days to share the magic of Walt Disney World with our kids. I felt like we had all the time in the world, and it was filled with firsts, nostalgia and many happy tears. Seeing Disney through their eyes was something else. And I just knew that it was the start of something beautiful.

Walt Disney1955

My daughter's first rollercoaster - when she was 4 - was on Thunder Mountain. That was pretty memorable, and she loved it and has sort of turned into a thrill junkie since then.

I also think my wife going for the first time when she was an adult was a great trip. My kids - all of them - seeing things for the first time was memorable. I don't know if there is ever one moment, but as sad as it is to leave, I always find that at the end of the day when we are all tired and our feet are killing us that it is such a nice ride taking the ferry back at night and seeing the castle and all of the lights. They get smaller and smaller the further you get away and you just end your day with such a great feeling. The ferry is also never as jam packed at night on the way back so you can sort of choose the place to stand and I always stand at the back of the boat and just watch us drift away from the castle. It gives you a chance to soak up all the fun you had that day. Honestly, sometimes it takes until you relax and are able to absorb it all that you realize just how great of a day it was.

IanDLBZF

The first time ever I stayed at the Polynesian (back in November 2007, for 1 night - this was the first Deluxe Resort I stayed in, and now I sorta wish I wasn't fearful over characters back then). Man oh man was that fun!

Now for something more recent....
That time when Br'er Rabbit hugged me 3 times during the Frontierland Hoedown! And it was all thanks in part to that Br'er Rabbit plush I had on me! This was July 2019, before COVID.

Hello! Welcome! My favorite memory is the first time we brought our kids we were in what was the Photo area and the 7 dwarves were there. My daughter at that time was very scared of the characters, she saw them they all were just standing like statues I poked one and said look they are fake they aren't real. We walked away and one of them had started following us my husband said turn around we had, and she absolutely fell in love with the characters.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
Riding on my first rollercoaster with a loop in it: Rock 'n Roller Coaster. I walked thru the queue with no problem, and only started getting nervous in the station. But I had my RX-24 figure in my pocket, and I got on, screamed when it launched, and just sang along afterwards. I didn't do another coaster with inversions until Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Great Adventure 2 years later.

Walt Disney1955

September 2009. Not a particularly busy time I thought. Maybe we hit a good day, I don't know. But we had a long day at the Magic Kingdom and hit everything and stayed for the fireworks and the parade, which was Spectromagic back then. Then people start peeling out down Main Street to head to the ferry or monorail. My wife wanted to pick up some Mickey and Minnie ears for our niece and nephew (we didn't have kids yet at this time) and so she went to the Main Street Confectionary (does that sound right?) to get the hats and get them embroidered with their names on it. So it took a surprising amount of time. Maybe 45 minutes because of the line up there. Anyway, I was just waiting for her and decided to sit outside on the bench on Main Street facing the castle. It was so lovely, lit up at night and it was so peaceful there too. Quiet as well, most people had already walked out of the park. The odd cast member walked past me and said hello (they never asked me to leave once) and I had just never seen Main Street like that before in my life. It almost felt like I had it to myself, because it was so quiet. I've never seen the park like that since simply because I've never taken the time to do that since.

Sans Souci

My parents had a protracted and acrimonious divorce that took a toll on me as a child. When the marriage was finally dissolved, my grandmother took us to WDW. It was honestly the best trip ever. I'd forgotten about my parents' trying to draft me onto their team and my mother's histrionics. I got to just be a regular 10 year kid. It was my first visit to Epcot, which cemented my love for it. I was absolutely in awe of all of it. I never wanted the trip to end. Then it did and it was like falling down to earth with a resounding thud. I remember crying when we had to leave. Then our plane landed and it was 50 outside, even though it was June. It just made leaving my 5 days of bliss behind so much worse. :hilarious:

graphite1326

Back when HS still had the Backlot tour. The beginning had an attraction where they used people from the audience. It had to do with a PT boat under fire. After a few times of going on the attraction I figured out that they picked the volunteers as you walked in. So this time I ran ahead of my family and told the CM at the entrance that these 3 people (my family) wanted to volunteer. They really had no idea. The CM, even though the said no, didn't take no for an answer and they ended up in the show.

Not so fast it's not over. The next day we were in EPCOT and were watching the show at Great Britian. I can't remember the name but it had to do with something about King Arthur and the Holy Grail. As they were asking for volunteers unknown to me my family was behind me and pointing at me. I ended up being King Arthur.

Katiekitten

I think my favourite memory was as a child, I was maybe 10/11, back when the magic kingdom opening show was performed at the train station. We got selected as family of the day and got taken down main street to toon town for pictures with the characters who performed in the welcome show and then we got to ride the train with them. We got to throw 'pixie dust' to open the park but I remember throwing mine to early!

zurgandfriend

Walking into our resort the Wilderness Lodge holding my 5 year old DS' hand and looking down at his face. His eyes were as big a saucers, his mouth was wide open in wonder as his head went all the way back looking up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom