Share your Favorite Secret

This is very true. I was at the Animal Kingdom on the 13th. The sun was out in the early morning then around 2pm, it got dark and started raining which was the time I arrived at the Animal Kingdom. EVERYONE was leaving. The park was basically empty. Let me tell you, I was worried about getting on the safari in the rain or even walking through the park in the rain because I was scared all the animals would not be out. Well, the safari was GREAT in the rain (NO WAIT), the majority of the animals were out on the land - more than I have seen at 8 or 9am or in sunny weather midday. The lions were at the top of the rock and my boyfriend got perfect shots of them. As for the rest of the park, it was SPECTACULAR - ALL of the animals were out - again, more than I have seen when it was sunny. Plus, it was EMHs so Expedition Everest, Nemo and the other attractions that were open were mines.

I'm gona try that if it rains I went to animal kingdom one time and we just waited in the giftshop when it rained and the rides were empty just not the giftshops.:lol:

and hey im gona be there same time you are 20-25 at the dolphie for us :sohappy::sohappy:

We park at the Boardwalk and take the short walk to Epcots World Showcase (international gateway). It's so quick! And the best thing is at night you park your butt somewhere in France, UK, or Morocco for the fireworks and it's an amazingly easy, short walk back to the car... or Jelly Rolls:slurp:

I know we stay at the dolphin :wave:

Disney World in 11 days at Dolphin:sohappy:

epcot85

In the haunted mansion when you are leaving the attic and start downhill backwards look at the outside of the attic and you will see a roof that is made to look like a antabellum house, white with shingles. But the WDW haunted mansion is a stone like castle? Well when the haunted mansion was being built at disneyland they made two of everything in anticipation of building one in florida, later they made WDW's different on the outside from Disneyland, but the inside duplicate prop remains the same.

Goofygirl07

The woman who does the voice for madame Leota in HM is the same woman who is the voice of Maleficint in 'sleeping beauty'. Interesting eh?

rock_doctor

The woman who does the voice for madame Leota in HM is the same woman who is the voice of Maleficint in 'sleeping beauty'. Interesting eh?
She is also the one pictured in the crystal ball... She was an imagineer and did a test run for the crystal ball. They liked it so much they just kept it. This is why she also has a grave stone outside with the other imagineer. All of the grave stones belong to Disney employees. That's the thing with disney world you could spend the rest of you life noticing the little "easter eggs" they put in around the world. My absolute fav and always brings a tear to my eye is Walt singing the theme song to CoP on the monitor just outside the ride. Just reminds me how creative he really was and how much he cared.

MickeyTheMouse

This isn't really a secret but it is a cool sight. When you are going backwards on EE, look down. You can see some light sneaking in through the mountain and you can see a limited amount of the poless and other things in the mountain.

Rob562

She is also the one pictured in the crystal ball... She was an imagineer and did a test run for the crystal ball. They liked it so much they just kept it. This is why she also has a grave stone outside with the other imagineer. All of the grave stones belong to Disney employees. That's the thing with disney world you could spend the rest of you life noticing the little "easter eggs" they put in around the world. My absolute fav and always brings a tear to my eye is Walt singing the theme song to CoP on the monitor just outside the ride. Just reminds me how creative he really was and how much he cared.

While you're right about the woman visible in the crystal ball being Imagineer Leota Toombs, who was a stand-in during testing of the effect and they decided to keep her image, the *voice* used is Eleanor Audley. Eleanor was the voice of Maleficent and Lady Tremaine, as the earlier poster said.

Leota's voice *can* be heard in the attraction as Little Leota. (The "Hurry back... Hurry back..." doll)

-Rob

The MadHatter

I love that the American Adventure building uses the opposite of forced perspective in order to make it look like it has less floors than it actually does. I also think it is cool that they went through several colors of white before choosing one that looked right in the Florida sunlight! I thought white was white:eek:

that is cool. everything else in the park uses forced perspective to make this seem bigger. its cool how it works too. the american adventure is nearly twice the size of Morocco and a bunch of other pavilions but it doesnt seem that way

Goofygirl07

While you're right about the woman visible in the crystal ball being Imagineer Leota Toombs, who was a stand-in during testing of the effect and they decided to keep her image, the *voice* used is Eleanor Audley. Eleanor was the voice of Maleficent and Lady Tremaine, as the earlier poster said.

Leota's voice *can* be heard in the attraction as Little Leota. (The "Hurry back... Hurry back..." doll)

-Rob

i love her voice. its kinda creepy, perfect for her roles!

Greenkai3000

A great experience.

I've only done this once, but it's great if you can time it right. Try to ride Splash during Wishes. It's truly amazing.

No one wants to miss Wishes, but the line at Splash Mountain is virtually non existing during this show. You can get a glimpse of some of the fireworks during some of the outdoor portions of SM. Very neat! :sohappy:

Txrayado

my favorite disney secret is not to listen to signs at disney... well the ones that say keep out i listen to... but theres ones that say do not pull on rope by IJ. or try to open every crate you find... you might just get a suprise...

CaptainShortty

God I have a zillion of these but here's a few.

- In owl's house in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh you can see a picture of Mr. Toad handing over the deed to his house symbolizing the shutting down of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride to build Winnie the Pooh.
- The only place in MK that does not have ambient music is the stretch between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. This is because they could not come up with an adequate soundtrack to link the two lands.
- The crow appears in every scene in the HM because it was originally supposed to be the attraction's narrator. After they decided to use the ghost host they had already created the crows and decided to keep them.
- The Mr. Potato Head in TSM will actually listen to you and respond to certain commands. Next time you're there speak loudly right in front of him. Ask him to tell you a joke or sing you a song. People will think you've done magic when he listens!!

graphite1326

This isn't really a secret but it is a cool sight. When you are going backwards on EE, look down. You can see some light sneaking in through the mountain and you can see a limited amount of the poless and other things in the mountain.

are you kiddin me. I'm hanging on for dear life.

pumpkin7

take a second to stop and read some of the doors and windows advertising different businesses down main street. most of them are all tie ins with walt disney, the co orperation, and those associated with the building of the magic kingdom. they are meant to represent the 'movie credits' rolling as you enter the show.

also notice the US flags that fly above each store down main street. however, only one of them is real. to avoid having to take each flag down at night as required by US law, all of them except the one in the central courtyard have the incorrect number of stars, which means they are not considered real flags.

the red paving down main street is meant to represent a red carpet, as in, you are the magic kingdoms guest and it will treat you as so.

fantasy land was never meant to be considered as a medieval carnival, or have the feel. the reason why it does is because they didn't have time to get all the faciers for the rides completed and instead made them look like tents on a temporary basis. this eventually stuck and has remained as so today.

at the right time of day, look out for the distinctive mickey mouse head shape that is formed as a shadow along the railings outside cinderella castle.

try riding big thunder mountain at night, and witness a party going on upstairs in the old saloon.

mr potato head in toy story midway mania is the first audio animatronic that can remove one of its own body parts.

all of the benches in the animal kingdom are made from recycled milk jugs.

i like my disney fun facts and secrets.

Mimi

i love her voice. its kinda creepy, perfect for her roles!

I saw her in an old movie... I was like: "OMG I know that voice!" She actually looked a lot like Lady Tremaine. She was supposedly a very sweet and kind person. It must have been a lot of fun for her to portray such memorable villains!

dreamscometrue

I love that the American Adventure building uses the opposite of forced perspective in order to make it look like it has less floors than it actually does. I also think it is cool that they went through several colors of white before choosing one that looked right in the Florida sunlight! I thought white was white

They actually used 4 different shades of white on the building. The choice of shade varies based on what each section has 'behind it' for contrast. :wave:

tom sawyer island

if i told you my best disney secret i would have to kill you :lol: jk at tom sawyers island they hide like 10 paintbrushes around the island! i actually found one and got my choice between a splash mountain fp or a big thunder mountain fp.... its an adrenaline rush! :p :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom