Share your Disney wedding ideas and pictures...

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
So I was thinking we needed a thread for those who have already been married and have gone on our honeymoons. I hope there isn't one already like this (I looked and didn't find anything) but I figured we could post pictures from our weddings whether they were in WDW or if they were Disney Themed. It can also be a good way to help others in planning their Disney Weddings :)

Here are my pictures and ideas that I have to offer.

My husband and I were married on 9/8/07 here in Massachusetts. We had an outdoor reception. My husband didn't want over-the-top Disney, so I incorporated as much as I could without overdoing it (to me there is no overdoing Disney, but out of respect for my husband, I tried to take it easy lol).

Seeing our reception was outdoors, and in a garden themed area with a big wooden pavilion right on a pond, I used the Disney Fairytale Weddings cd as my dinner background music, and it fit perfectly, such a great purchase and many people didn't even notice it was Disney music but complimented how pretty it was.

Then on to our toasting glasses, my sister in law had these hand painted for us, I thought they were so cute, Belle may look a little odd, but overall I loved them. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, unfortunately I couldn't use that as the entire theme, because, well, it may insult my husband lol.

toastingglasses.jpg

Now onto the cake. A church friend of ours insisted that she make us our cake. It was beautiful, lemon flavor with a butter cream frosting. Unfortunately, our wedding day was extremely warm (around 85 - 90 degrees) and the cake started to melt when the pictures were taken, so they had to rush it into the cooler and bring it back out when the temperature dropped to about 70 degrees.

The cake in its melting stage...

cake.jpg

caketop.jpg

Now onto the card box. My aunt bought us one, that had Cinderella's castle and it lit up. However the night before the wedding, there was no card box. So my aunt had a backup plan and made a BEAUTIFUL card box for me. I was amazed with how great it turned out. And then of course 2 hours before the wedding, UPS brings a package to my Aunts house, there is the other box. So we had 2 card boxes but the Mickey & Minnie box was my favorite.

Here is my Aunt's creation:

100_0967.jpg

100_0963.jpg

And last but not least... our signature frame. My sister in law found this website http://www.caricatures.netfirms.com/Home%20Page.htm .
The woman who does these is named Hazel and she does an AMAZING job. She made a charicature of us and then my sister in law matted and framed it. We have it hanging in our office and I absolutely love it. And the castle and fireworks and Tink in the background are only appropriate because we were engaged during Wishes!

Here it is:

100_0968.jpg

100_0974.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my pictures and ideas and hopefully they can be beneficial to someone!!!

I'd love to see everyone else's Disney themed or WDW wedding pictures and ideas!!! Post away :wave:

alilance

Looks like you had a LOVELY wedding! Congratulations!! I was married this past June 23rd! We didn't have really any Disney theming at our wedding, but we did get engaged at Disney World in Epcot two years ago this month, and we went on our honeymoon at Disney (of course) last summer after the wedding!! We are now heading back next month for our 1st year anniversary! (about a month early, but we're trying to beat the crowds and the heat!!) I wish I had Disney music played during our reception. I love that idea!! Where in MA did you get married?? I got married in Narragansett in RI! Again congrats!! Nice job!!!! :wave::sohappy::wave:

KZevchik

I am the Disney Fanatic in our marriage, I know that is a bit unorthodox when it comes to it. Non-the-less, my wife puts up with it, as the good ones usually do.

We were engaged at Cinderella's Royal Table in December of 2004, I travel a lot for work (I work in the industry) and I told my wife that because my travel had to happen over the weekend, I would take her along. BTW, she has no idea. We get to Orlando and settle in the hotel, and have dinner, I was going to work later that evening (as I typically work at night for places that are open to the public). When it was time for me to go to work, she stayed at the hotel.

Flashback: A week before I had purchased a Mickey Mouse stuffed character, the one where he is wearing the tux and top hat. GRAPHIC WARNING: I had gutted him, and welded a skeleton so that he would be in the form of down on one knee with his hands extended. I then took the little present in his hand and made it into a ring box that sits cupped in his two hands, so that Mickey is down on one knee proposing. I placed the metal skeleton in Mickey and sewn him back up.

Flashforward: I didn't actually have to work, I instead went to the Contemporary Resort as the Magic Kingdom was already closed for the night. I gave the bellman $50 and my Mickey Mouse and a note and told him to give these items, first thing tomorrow morning, to the manager of Cinderella's Royal Table. The note stated that I had reservations at 5PM, and that I was going to propose to my girlfriend after dinner. I would excuse myself from the table after we were seated and meet her to place the ring in Mickey's ring box. Then she was to take Mickey to the table at desert. I returned to the hotel a couple hours later and told my wife that work went well and we had the day to enjoy the park.

We had a perfect day at the Magic Kingdom, at 5PM we went for dinner to the Royal Table, they had saved us the center table by the window overlooking Fantasyland (nice surprise). I had my associate call me at 5:10 on my mobile phone and I excused myself from the table, I then met up with the manager whom was eagerly waiting me. She had received the note and was very excited about the whole thing. Everything went as planned. At desert, the server came to our table, not with the tort that we had ordered, but the Mickey Mouse, she placed it in front of my (now wife), it was as though a glowing neon sign was placed over our heads as the entire restaurant was hushed and staring at us. I got on one knee, took the ring from Mickey and proposed. The funny thing is, with all the excitement, my wife never really verbally said "yes". She uses this fact as her out during our quips "You know, I don't even know why I am arguing with you, we are not even married!" Makes us smile.

6 months later, we were headed back to Magic Kingdom, we decided to get married there as well. On June 14, 2005 we got married on the Rose Garden dock under Cinderella's Castle. Our family was all present with us (everyone decided to make it a vacation). We didn't want just any old priest marrying us that we had met in Florida and kidnapped from a church, so we decided to have my brother ordained. He was mail ordered ordained, married us, and signed the marriage license. Yes, it's all legit! I can't think of anyone else that I would rather marry us than someone we love and as close to us as my brother. So at 12:01PM we read our vows on the Rose Garden with the castle as our backdrop. Our reception was later at the California Grill.

We have the perfect storybook fairy tale wedding and engagement. I couldn't think of anything better or with a more beautiful wife!

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
KZevchik - that is one of the sweetest engagement stories I have ever heard - even though you gutted Mickey lol. What a great idea!!!

My husband proposed to me in front of the castle, during wishes. I know pretty common, but it was perfect to me!!! Because Wishes is my favorite show and MK is my favorite place in the world, and the fact that the Beauty and the Beast medley was playing just topped it off!!! That being my favorite movie and all :)

Cynderella

Disneybelle your pictures are so adorable! I'll have to try to post pics of mine later as they are all on a picture cd we bought from the photographer.

We too were married on 09/08/07 along with Disneybelle except we are down here in PA. :wave: My husband also proposed in front of the castle. It was so sweet and I had no idea. We were in line for SM and the only thing I knew was that we had lunch reservations at 12 at Tony's and it was already about quarter to 12. So I was all nervous about being late for the lunch reservation ( I hate being late) So right as we get up to the control station the lights come on and the ride is broken down. I forgot to mention that at SM it was me, hubby, sister and now hubby and my uncle and cousin all who had no clue. My mom and dad and aunt were waiting at the Partners statue and we met them there when we left SM. So we meet them and my DH hands me something wrapped in tissue paper. It had a little jingle to it so I thought he bought me a bell or something. So he tells me to sit down and open it and inside is a glass slipper with the ring in it! It was soo sweet and I had no idea. It's a sin too because I can't remember saying yes and I was so excited I put the ring on myself! The glass slipper was engraved with the date ( so he had to do it that day! :D) and on one side it said Rachel and Mark and the other side said Will you marry me. It was so sweet.

So for our wedding I wanted to get married in Disney of course but money and family meant it couldnt happen. So I had my own Disney wedding at home. The theme was Cinderella as that is my favorite movie. So the invitations were Cinderella and the favors were little slippers. I had an awesome cake with the Cinderella cake topper and "hidden" mickeys all around it. I played the Cinderella movie during dinner. All in all it was a perfect Disney wedding. We even had Mickey and Minnie there! Yes I was quite surprised when they came out and I noticed that Mickey was 6 feet tall and had lost alot of weight! But it was the thought that counted and it was too sweet!

diddy_mouse

Here's my proposal pic...May 17th 2004
proposal2.jpg

We had little Disney elements at our wedding (Oct. 8th, 2005) including our cake topper as well as the invitations. I think people were a little curious as to what we'd be doing and I'm sure they were worried that we'd go all out Disney. But it was a very classy, elegant wedding which incorporated things we both loved. My mom actually found a bottle of apple cider that had a hidden Mickey on it. It was from a vineyard called Le Mousseaux. :) We did end up getting a lot of Disney themed wedding cards, which I thought was too funny!

Honeymooned at the World and are going back for our third anniversary this year! :sohappy:

alice45

Hello

Wow, I’m so touched..if you have found the right one, you’ll make an exception? how sweet!! I really appreciate your time and effort. Nice pics.

There are many different Disney themes that you can choose to make your Disney wedding dreams come to life.The five Disney wedding chapels are the Wedding Pavilion, the Polynesian Resort/Sunset Pointe, the Yacht Club Resort/Wedding Gazebo, the Boardwalk Resort/Sea Breeze Point, and the Wilderness Lodge/Sunrise Terrace.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom