Shape of WDW

mprice

Original Poster
Hi all, I'm going to WDW in August with two first-timers, I've heard some unpleasant things lately concerning the cleanliness of the parks (mainly the Magic Kingdom) and the shape of the rides... How bad is it exactly or simply over exaggerated?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I was there in February and again in June and saw nothing that wasn't up to snuff.

erasure fan1

Hi all, I'm going to WDW in August with two first-timers, I've heard some unpleasant things lately concerning the cleanliness of the parks (mainly the Magic Kingdom) and the shape of the rides... How bad is it exactly or simply over exaggerated?
I think the overall cleanliness of the parks are fine. The problem I think a lot of people have (myself included) is that if you go a lot you start to notice the things that are not 100%. I know I notice when certain AAs don’t work or when lights are out and effects dont work. The MK gets a lot of complaints because it’s the most popular so there for the most scrutinized. I also feel its received the least amount of work but thats changing with all the rehabs.

AstareGod

Custodial and other CMs (like me with the water parks) aren't able to keep everything spotless 100% of the time, but we, and even a few guests I've seen, will do what we can while we walk around and try to keep everything as clean as we can. I may be biased, but when I visit other theme parks, I notice that they aren't as clean as Disney's are.

ohioguy

At one time, Disney cleaned the Magic Kingdom streets and walkways EVERY NIGHT with foam and water. The entire park was cleaned this way. Do they still do that?

hematite153

The parks are generally clean.

But, some of the bathrooms aren't so clean & tidy. However, I blame that on other guests, instead of the cleaning crew. I mean, really, how hard is it to flush, or to put your paper in the toilet?

AstareGod

But, some of the bathrooms aren't so clean & tidy. However, I blame that on other guests, instead of the cleaning crew. I mean, really, how hard is it to flush, or to put your paper in the toilet?

I deal with this in my dorm at college. I shouldn't have to deal with it at Disney :(

At one time, Disney cleaned the Magic Kingdom streets and walkways EVERY NIGHT with foam and water. The entire park was cleaned this way. Do they still do that?

I think they still do something to this extent, but with 120 degree pressure washers (melts the gum off of the pathways). Maybe not every night. I can imagine how long it would take to clean all the paths that way, and with sometimes as little as 7 hours to do it...

Simba1

Was there last week and aside from a couple overflowing trash cans in Fantasyland, everything looked great. If you go in looking for a lack of cleanliness and you're looking to criticize every little thing you see, you will find it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom