Rumor Shanghai Pirates is coming to WDW

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Can someone explain this to me like I’m 5? First sentence obvious, but what is HWS? DHS? Is there another Indy in WDW aside from the stunt show that I’m forgetting?

(I visited SDL last month, I know what the Shanghai Pirates ride is but is this suggesting there will be 2 pirates rides?)
HWS = Non-standard abbreviation for DHS.
Indy ride projected to replace Dinosaur! in AK. This rumor projects replacing Indy Stunt Show with Shanghai Pirates clone or derivative.

gerarar

Premium Member
Would hate and be sad to lose another core live production show when the park desperately needs additions.

Enough with the replacements. No reason we can’t have an existing high capacity show that fills up every hour-ish along with a new ride. Also no shortage of expansion spaces.

#SaveDinosaur

HakunaMatata89

Would hate and be sad to lose another core live production show when the park desperately needs additions.

Enough with the replacements. No reason we can’t have an existing high capacity show that fills up every hour-ish along with a new ride. Also no shortage of expansion spaces.
Maybe some type of stunt show for bigger crowds that would involve some action, maybe some motors and lights

UNCgolf

If this actually was true, I'd be pretty disappointed that they didn't use the Shanghai Pirates system to develop a better ride. Not that Shanghai Pirates is bad, but it relies too heavily on watching movies as you go by -- they could definitely use that system for something better.

Last edited:

C33Mom

He's saying it would be similar to Treasure Cove, which has Battle for the Sunken Treasure as its signature attraction, plus a stunt show, a play area aboard a pirate ship, canoes, and the obligatory shopping / dining. I'm not sure to what extent he is suggesting that would be duplicated, but I gather the implication is that it would be some or all of that.
Thank you— that is what I would have guessed but have any of you guys been to Treasure Cove? It is HUGE compared to the stunt show area (I guess I don’t know for sure how much of the parking lot they might steal?)… for comparison, I’m attaching photos of DHS and circled
the stunt show section of Treasure Cove, just to give a sense of relative space. From memory, I would say you could barely fit the pirate ship in treasure cove in all of the DHS lake.

My husband will be thrilled if we get a Snackin Kraken in DHS though.
IMG_8408.png
IMG_8409.jpeg

ProjectXBlog

THat's how every "insider" works.

Their sources always withhold info. It's just how it is.

And if they are the source they have to deliberately change things to not reveal themselves, lol.

Don't expect to hear about this until Destination D at the earliest, unless I'm proven right even earlier because I just leaked it haha.
Do you have a legitimate source for your claims? It’s a yes or no question. Obviously you don’t have to answer but a little transparency would be appreciated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom