Shanghai Disneyland 5th Anniversary

disney.dreams

This post by Disney is interesting:

They said prepare for more Dazzling Discoveries during the Celebration. šŸ¤”. I might be reading into that way to much but I wonder if more entertainment could be on the horizon?

heard of some rumor that shdl gonna modify hkdl's mickey and the wondrous book into its own version. like replacing Tiana with Mulan.
In hkdl, Tiana sings 'almost there' and 'dig a little dipper'
so maybe Mulan can do something similiar like singing 'reflection' and 'i'll make a man out of you'

UPDATED: great to know that Tiana is still there, but Ariel and Merida have to make way for Moana and Mulan :/

Last edited:

D231016

heard of some rumor that shdl gonna modify hkdl's mickey and the wondrous book into its own version. like replacing Tiana with Mulan.
In hkdl, Tiana sings 'almost there' and 'dig a little dipper'
so maybe Mulan can do something similiar like singing 'reflection' and 'i'll make a man out of you'
This rumor is true. SHDRā€˜s version of Mickey and the Wondrous Book just received administrative approval, the show should debut soon.

dennis-in-ct

Full show here:

Not sure whether I like it or not to be honest. The lights are amazing though.

I feel like I was just yelled at for 15 minutes.

More is not always better. It's like Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder projection show. I mean, you don't want to scare the kids and give adults headaches. Maybe the choices are due to cultural differences. Who knows. Don't mean to totally rip on the show, just back off a bit please.

Let me savor and focus on the beauty and creativity of the animation, the clever play of transforming the surface to unexpected and delightful spaces. We don't need a rave.

In the Parks
Yes
"Soon" is June 16. Looks like Tiana made the cut, while Merida, Ariel, and the Aladdin crew (replaced by Zootopia) didn't.

I like HKDL's version more...
The Zootopia scene just looks lame and cheap
Esp. when the original Aladdin segment was one of the most sophisticated part,
in terms of both choreography and backdrop visuals
The original Princess Trio was much more stirring as well
Having one actress singing Mandarin and the other two singing English is just weird
I got goosebumps when I watched the original version, but def not this one
All in all it's a meh clone, C-
And featuring the same show in these two geographically proximal parks is another big mistake

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom