Shamu Upclose Debuts Tuesday

919Florida

Original Poster
Below is the info from the Orlando Sentinel

The attraction is one of several developed by SeaWorld to showcase the relationship its trainers have with animals. Guests will be able to walk through the area, with a behind-the-scenes feel, constantly throughout the day. Trainers will have a variety of demonstrations hourly.

Shamu Up Close also will fill a void left when "One Ocean" goes on hiatus. The main killer whale show will wrap up Sunday while the main pool at Shamu Stadium undergoes maintenance, including repainting and the replacement of the acrylic partitions that separate the whales and water from the audience members."One Ocean" is expected to return in April.

Link to Full article

luv

That looks very cool. Will the Shamu show still be running on Monday? I'm guessing No, since it clearly says it wraps up Sunday.

919Florida

Original Poster
I was hoping to go on the debut day which I was getting off early on Monday because i thought it would open that day. But now the rest of the week I work late so I wont get to see it until next Saturday now :( Hope someone here can report bavk on what its like in the meantime

919Florida

Original Poster
Here is Sea World's official description for Shamu Up close for those of you who are curious:

Celebrate the beauty and wonder of killer whales at the never-before-seen Shamu Up Close experience.
It’s an intimate and moving look at the whales, our trainers and the awe-inspiring bond between them. In this unparalleled experience, we invite you behind the scenes into a fascinating world, with walkthrough killer whale viewing all day, complimented by even more enhanced encounters. Shamu Up Close is the living story of SeaWorld and our passionate commitment to the care of these extraordinary animals and their ocean world. This is your opportunity to be a part of SeaWorld like you never have before.

919Florida

Original Poster
Has anyone made it to see this new experience? Just curious how it is? I am going after work tomorrow (4pm) to hopefully catch some of it. I will post pictures when I return :)

MattC

Has anyone made it to see this new experience? Just curious how it is? I am going after work tomorrow (4pm) to hopefully catch some of it. I will post pictures when I return :)

Thanks! Will be there Monday and looking forward to it. Wanna know what to expect too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom