Shamu Christmas and Holiday Wishes have something in common

culturenthrills

Original Poster
Well, I was at SeaWorld last night to see the new Shamu Christmas:Miracles show and guess what music they begin the show with, Spirit of the Season. This is funny but not surprising since the song is apart of The Polar Express. It is just sorta funny that when Disney came up with their new holiday fireworks show they couldn't come up with something original like they did with Believe in Holiday Magic at DL. However, I thought The Polar Express overlay at Wild Arctic was done nicely. They did a pretty good job with the theming. Yes the ride itself is just a bunch of scenes from the movie cut together but I think the themeing they did was what impressed me. And you exit the ride into Santatown and there are presents everywhere, a big tree and Santa Claus not too bad. Both SeaWorld and Busch Gardens(3 new holiday shows and alot of new decorations) have upped there holiday profile this year. While not as impressive as Disney they def. have upped the bar this year.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Well, I was at SeaWorld last night to see the new Shamu Christmas:Miracles show and guess what music they begin the show with, Spirit of the Season. This is funny but not surprising since the song is apart of The Polar Express. It is just sorta funny that when Disney came up with their new holiday fireworks show they couldn't come up with something original like they did with Believe in Holiday Magic at DL.

Doesnt the DL Christmas show use a rehashed version of Remember the Magic?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yup. I did a double-take the first time I heard it.

That seems a very weird choice, it isnt very Christmassy. Seems to be kind of saying Remember the Magic you had in previous years, because you arent getting anymore! LOL

Is that music new for this year, or did they use it previously in the DL show?

disney4life2008

Please tell me more about Sea World- we will be going on the 18th. Not really excited but willing to take it in. How are the rides, shows, etc. What is the best counter service resturant?

Nicole220

That seems a very weird choice, it isnt very Christmassy. Seems to be kind of saying Remember the Magic you had in previous years, because you arent getting anymore! LOL

Is that music new for this year, or did they use it previously in the DL show?
Are you talking about the song in my sig?
They've used it in previous years.
Love the song!

culturenthrills

Original Poster
Please tell me more about Sea World- we will be going on the 18th. Not really excited but willing to take it in. How are the rides, shows, etc. What is the best counter service resturant?

I think the best counter service is Voyager's. You have your choice of pizza, smoked chicken, grilled salmon and pasta. SeaWorld is great. the sea lion, dolphin and shamu shows are a must do. If you only want to do one Shamu show I would see the Shamu Christmas show. You will get all the tricks and not some stupid storyline about Believing and other crap. Kraken is a great roller coaster and Atlantis is a pretty good flume ride. The Polar Express experience is a nice overlay. Sea World is a great park. You should have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom