Shades of Green Layoffs

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
250+ SOG employees are going to be laid off in April with construction being blamed.

Disney is trying to find places for them to work, but they are focused on rehiring their own PT workers that have been out of a job since 9-11. The SOG employees are not Disney CM.

This is the link to the orlando sentinel article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...013102jan31.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

That stinks. Then they are going to need those 250 employees back after construction is done.

zonguy

Well, this sounds like a genuine layoff. Detroit used to do this all the time when the plants were upgraded for the new model vehicles.

DISNEY TALKER

Very sad to hear..but with the travel industry the way it is, not too unexpected right now. I have been in Shades of Green on several occassions, though I have not stayed there ever..and they were well staffed as I remember....I hope they reconsider and rehire them after the construction is over.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by DISNEY TALKER
Very sad to hear..but with the travel industry the way it is, not too unexpected right now. I have been in Shades of Green on several occassions, though I have not stayed there ever..and they were well staffed as I remember....I hope they reconsider and rehire them after the construction is over.

I wouldn't want to go back after I was fired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom