Shades of Green *HELP*

NeedMoreMickey

Experience example: DGF and I were at EPCOT for evening EMH and we went to the bus around 11pm. There was no bus directly to SoG from EPCOT, so we had to get a Disney bus back to the TTC and then catch the SoG bus. The issue was that the SoG bus stops running an hour after the last park closes, so as the people who had the double stroller, full of shopping items and maybe a kid, were arguing with the bus driver to have the stroller on the bus unfolded (which the bus driver did allow), the clock was ticking on getting back to the TTC to catch the last SoG bus of the night or it was going to be a dark walk past the Poly and up to SoG.

So if you were hoping to catch the "Kiss Goodnight" at the MK, you'll need to take your car over that night because the SoG buses will be long done with their routes.
There is a bus from Epcot to SoG (rode it) it but if I remember correctly you can find it with the other
off-site hotel busses. If you stay for the "Kiss Goodnight" just take the transportation that is provided for Poly or GF and walk from there.

mouse_luv

There is a bus from Epcot to SoG (rode it) it but if I remember correctly you can find it with the other
off-site hotel busses. If you stay for the "Kiss Goodnight" just take the transportation that is provided for Poly or GF and walk from there.

I was wondering exactly when you rode this so-called direct bus from EPCOT to SOG? Because every single time I've been there, one does not exist. Now, you may have rode DISNEY Transportation as far as the TTC and then boarded a SOG bus from there to the resort, but there has never been a direct bus from SOG to EPCOT. There is a direct bus to AK, but never EPCOT.

mousehockey37

You are wrong about the direct bus to and from EPCOT.

What transportation is available at SoG?
SoG has two bus schedules. Bus loading and unloading is located on the lower level below the lobby. There is an elevator to the Bus Stop located outside the lobby in the Port Cochere.
Shades of Green room key is required to ride these buses.
Check upon arrival for the Extra Magic Hour bus scheule.
Bus A
* Departs Shades of Green every 15 minutes starting at 0800.
* Departs the Ticket Transportation Center every 15 minutes
* On this route you will get to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot (Via monorail), and to the Downtown Disney Resort area via bus from space 26 which runs every half hour until 2300.
* Drop off locations for Downtown Disney are either at the Wyndham Palace Resort or the Hilton Resort.
* The last bus will depart the Ticket Transportation Center 2 hours and 15 minutes after the Magic Kingdom closes.

Bus B
* Departs Shades of Green every half hour starting at 0800 to Disney's Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach and Disney's Hollywood Studios.
* Departs Animal Kingdom 15 minutes and 45 minutes after each hour (Space #7)
* Departs Blizzard Beach 30 minutes after the hour and at the top of the hour (Space #1)
* Departs Disney's Hollywood Studios 45 minutes and 15 minutes after the hour (Space #6).
* The last bus for Animal Kingdom and the Studios will be 2 hours and 15 minutes after each park closes. The last bus for Blizzard Beach will be 2 hours after the park closes.
This is the exact bus schedule for the 2 SoG buses.

CheshireCat12

When I stayed at SoG we had no problem getting to Epcot. The SoG buses were white with a yellow and green logo. I do remember having to go to the TTC though. 2008.

WDW 3

WOW! The above schedule is Wrong!! Old!!
SOG has 4 buses not 2. One to the TCC every 20 minutes. One to HS & TL, One to AK and BB and One to DTD.
The later 3 run on an hourly schedule. The DTD bus has a pretty centrally located stop that is nowhere near the two hotels listed above. It is in the DTD parking lot area very close to the West Side Disney Bus stops. Almost right behind the World of Disney.
And No there is not a bus from EPCOT to Shades.

a2grafix

I echo everyone's sentiments on Shades of Green. I have stayed there every year since 2007. I'm traditional Air Guard and even though it is not plussed out Disney, the resort is very, very nice. It's like an Air Force Inn, like the one at the KMCC at Ramstein. It has the amenities and some slight Disney touches. The resort caters to the military member and his or her family.

Like many, I am on the go when I visit the resort. I need a place to crash for the night and the rooms are BIG. Two queens and a sleeper sofa.

Sure you might do some extra walking to get from your room (or if you are lucky your room is near the parking garage and you cut through the garage) to the top of the street to cross into the Polynesian, but it's not that bad. They have a "Shady Shuttle" golf cart that, if available, can whisk you to the top of the street.

The coolest parts staying at Shades are the economical rates, based on your rank (and even some seasons you might have access to HALF PRICE room rates, or nearly close to half. How can you go wrong with a "suite" for $50-$60 a night if you are lucky, or $93 a night off-promotion for E1-E4); the no sales tax; having access to both Shades transportation AND Disney transportation; access to a daily $10 shuttle van that takes you to either Sea World or Universal; and feeling special at a resort that is exclusive to catering to the military.

If you are a golfer you can golf next door at the Magnolia or the Palm for about half price, or a significant reduced rate than other Disney guests.

As for the Shades buses on Disney property, they only run twice an hour on the long routes, say to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney, and each 15 minutes from the TTC. But the cool part of it all is that if you know the Shades bus schedule (posted in the lobby and at the bus stand), work it to your advantage and combine it with Disney transportation.

The only thing is that Shades buses do not park where Disney transportation buses park. A slight disadvantage, but it could work in your favor if Disney transportation is unavailable.

If you don't mind an extra 10-15 minutes, you can walk from the TTC and through the Polynesian Resort path all the way to right across the street from Shades.

Finally, if you arrive by car, Shades has the only multi-level indoor parking garage on Disney property (until Downtown Disney transforms into Disney Springs). It only costs $5 parking a day to park your vehicle. As well, it costs about $32-$35 roundtrip from Orlando International Airport to Shades on the Mears Shuttle. By the way, Disney partnered with Mears to run the Disney Magical Express.

Best of luck if you stay at Shades, or if you decide to go more Disney and use a 40-percent military discount on Disney hotels.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My boyfriend and I are planning to head to Disney during my Spring Break of 2k14. He is currently serving in the National Guard and is eligible to stay at the Shades of Green hotel. It would only be us two going for a week. I am looking primarily for reviews and personal experiences.

Huge rooms... nice resort.

Fancy? No
Disney overlaid? No
Fancy pools? No

Affordable? Yes
Likable? Yes
Worth it? Most definately

When we do SoG.. we typically rent a car but unfortunately free park parking isn't included anymore.

I'd check the rates vs the alternatives for your BF... its certainly a great place to stay.

WDW 3

Just posted on Facebook today.
Shades of Green Bus Schedule
July 11, 2013 at 7:54am

BUS SCHEDULE

**ALL STROLLERS MUST BE FOLDED BEFORE BOARDING THE BUS** **PLEASE ALLOW GUESTS IN WHEELCHAIRS TO BOARD FIRST**

**SPECIAL NEEDS GUESTS HAVE PRIORITY SEATING**

Maximum allowance of 2 scooters/wheelchairs per bus

Shades of Green Buses depart promptly at the scheduled times; please arrive a few minutes early to ensure time to board

Buses may run late during inclement weather and heavy traffic. Valid room key is required to ride.For your safety please do not enter through back door of bus.

Animal Kingdom /BlizzardBeach - Once per hour:

Leaves Shades of Green on the half hour (Starting at 0830, 0930, 1030...)

LeavesAnimal Kingdom at 10 till the hour (Space #7 in charter bus area) (0850, 0950, 1050…)

Leaves Blizzard Beach on the hour (Space #1) (0900, 1000, 1100…)

Hollywood Studios - Once per hour:

Leaves Shades of Green on the half hour (Starting at 0830, 0930, 1030…)

Leaves Hollywood Studios on the hour (Space #39) (0900, 1000, 1100…)

Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon - Once per hour:

Leaves Shades of Green on the half hour (Starting at 0830, 0930, 1030…)

Leaves Downtown Disney on the hour (Bus Stop B at the top of parking Lot E.) (0900, 1000…)

Leaves Typhoon Lagoon at 10 till the hour (Space #9) (0950, 1050, 1150…)

Ticket & Transportation Center - Every 20 minutes

(MagicKingdom and Epcot via Monorail)

Leaves Shades of Green (Starting at 0830, 0850, 0910…)

Leaves TTC (0840, 0900, 0920…)

(Buses begin at 0730 when parks open at 0800)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom