SGE News--soft openings starting sooner than planned?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
I don't know why I am making a topic about SGE ( :lol: ), but I thought I'd share some info from Screamscape:

Screamscape has heard that Stitch may start a few very limited session Soft Openings sometime in the next couple of weeks (for an hour or two a day) and a tentative hard opening set for Sept. 1st.

Interesting. Anyone know more?

Tim G

it's as always... Stories about soft openings, etc. seem to pop up out of nothing...

Xtechbabe is right...

BDAN29

The last I heard, Stitch is planned for an official opening on 10/1 with AP and Cast previews during September. Judging by the exterior, I can't imagine they are ready for an official opening by 9/1.

ISTCrew20

They still have alot of queue work to do, and that rumor makes it sound like next week you will have a pretty good chance it will be open. Last Saturday, the entire queue was ripped up, so they still have some work to do.

Sgt Tibs

Does anyone know what the new height restriction will be? Used to be 44, I think. Hard to believe that the new kid-friendly version would be that high...

Will the shoulder harnesses remain?

lentesta

Premium Member
When we spoke with Media Relations last week, they had no idea on when it would be open. There's supposed to be some sort of press event around its opening, but we were told plans were just in the very early stages.

Len

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
err.. yeah. It's not even close to being completed. It's gonna open... eventually. I'm thinking 45 days late

maxime29

Premium Member
It is by far possible that Disney can get the attraction ready by the first of next month. Whether that will come to be is not likely IMO.

Captain Hank

Yes, Disney is capable of finishing this attraction in the blink of an eye. Will they do it? I don't think so. It was a different time with different leadership when they finished the MK at the last minute. They also had a reason to rush the project to completion. There would have been lots of negative publicity if WDW hadn't opened on time (think the Athens Olympics). However, SGE is a relatively minor attraction with very little publicity surrounding it. There's really no reason to rush the attraction.

aimster

Sgt Tibs said:
Does anyone know what the new height restriction will be? Used to be 44, I think. Hard to believe that the new kid-friendly version would be that high...

Will the shoulder harnesses remain?

Most likely because the "restraint" actually lines up the binaural sound system so it'll sound like Stitch is right behind you or whatever (plus it sets up other effects used). I saw them go into detail about this system when it was used on Alien Encounter on that program about Imagineers that was on Travel Channel earlier this week. They recorded the whole soundtrack with a microphone that was shaped like a human head so they could make things sound as realistically as possible. Since everyone is a different height, they use the "restraints" so it lines up evenly for everyone who visits the attraction so everyone gets the same audio experience.

Dayma

hcwalker16 said:
However, SGE is a relatively minor attraction with very little publicity surrounding it. There's really no reason to rush the attraction.

I am not sure this is a minor attraction. The TTA is a minor attraction ( still my favorite ) not this ride. Also I see articles in my Disney magazine about the upgrade but yet nothing about IASW so how it is minor? You would think I would read about IASW before SGE but I dont.

maxime29

Premium Member
blackride said:
I am not sure this is a minor attraction. The TTA is a minor attraction ( still my favorite ) not this ride. Also I see articles in my Disney magazine about the upgrade but yet nothing about IASW so how it is minor? You would think I would read about IASW before SGE but I dont.

I think the case for him saying that is the fact that the attraction is now "another family ride". I do love these type of rides, so don't get me wrong with criticizing it on that basis. However, what gave AE some publicity was due to the nature of the ride. I say give it time until they start pushing that the attraction is there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom