SGE EEMH Before sunrise

beertiki

Original Poster
We have reservations to be at WDW in the first week of October. Plan is to rope drop DHS for the 6am opening. Just now, I thought, that it might be dark and decided to look up sunrise times. 7:19 am. I have fished before sunrise a lot, but usually do not get in the boat until about half an hour before. Nautical twilight, which would be when you can still see stars and the horizon will start around 6:30 am. It is still going to be night when we enter the park and the land.

ToTBellHop

We have reservations to be at WDW in the first week of October. Plan is to rope drop DHS for the 6am opening. Just now, I thought, that it might be dark and decided to look up sunrise times. 7:19 am. I have fished before sunrise a lot, but usually do not get in the boat until about half an hour before. Nautical twilight, which would be when you can still see stars and the horizon will start around 6:30 am. It is still going to be night when we enter the park and the land.
Yes it will. I’ve entered DAK and MK at “night” during very early openings in late October and December.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
You’ll see the back of someone’s head at night and day.

I could be really wrong, but I wonder how many people we be there for a 6AM opening? Now I can see by 7 it being busy and slammed by 7:30-8:00, but people have to be ready to leave their resorts by 5:15AM for a 6AM opening. How many people are really going to do that on vacation, especially with small kids?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I could be really wrong, but I wonder how many people we be there for a 6AM opening? Now I can see by 7 it being busy and slammed by 7:30-8:00, but people have to be ready to leave their resorts by 5:15AM for a 6AM opening. How many people are really going to do that on vacation, especially with small kids?
All of those of us travelling without kids.

MaximumEd

How many? For SWL? Uh, thousands.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
That’s where my wife and I fall, but I’ve always assumed childless visitors were in the minority by a large margin.
97251CD2-9FA8-405E-A10E-9611F373F1BE.jpeg

Lensman

Plus advantage goes to European guests who get to benefit from their jet lag. 6 am EST is 11 am BST!

Surfin' Tuna

Plus advantage goes to European guests who get to benefit from their jet lag. 6 am EST is 11 am BST!
Just have to change your clock a couple of weeks before your visit. I worked with a guy who inherited money and didn't need to work during the mid-90s. He (no joke) quit work and changed all of his clocks to CA time, so he could live on that schedule and watch all of the OJ trial. I know a few Star Wars fans who just might be that serious about it.

Maybe clickbait can run a headline, "Star Wars fans changing clocks to take advantage of early opening at Galaxy's Edge."

SpoiledBlueMilk

My experience with the extra early magic hours at Toy Story Land was great. We went fairly close to the opening of the land and it wasn't crowded at all. I think you have to play the numbers. These opening times are only for resort guests. Take that total number and cut out about half that would actually want to get to a park at 6am and you would have a fairly manageable crowd for SW:GE.

SpoiledBlueMilk

That’s where my wife and I fall, but I’ve always assumed childless visitors were in the minority by a large margin.

I'm going to Epoct in October to celebrate a friend's birthday and I have already informed my wife to prepare for a very early morning trip to Galaxy's Edge. Since it's just the two of us, we can move quick. One of the benefits of not having kids.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
My experience with the extra early magic hours at Toy Story Land was great. We went fairly close to the opening of the land and it wasn't crowded at all. I think you have to play the numbers. These opening times are only for resort guests. Take that total number and cut out about half that would actually want to get to a park at 6am and you would have a fairly manageable crowd for SW:GE.

This is my hope as well. If we just do it once it will make it manageable and we can see the land, ride the MF, and get out lol.

beertiki

Original Poster
We will be up at 530, and on the gondola at 545. Either we are at DHS at 600, or crashed in the swamp fighting gators.

I am hoping with 3 hours of EEMH some people sleep in until 630.

mergatroid

I hope you're right, we're staying on property for 1 night just to utilise early entry. We're planning on getting there around 4:30am

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The wait for Smuggler's Run has been between 5-90 minutes today (and most times I've checked the Disneyland app it's been 20-30 minutes). Whatever they've done at Disneyland has worked to control the crowds and I hope they do the same at WDW.

Dave B

Family of 4---Kids 15 and 12, going Sept 12-24 and we will be there at 430-5 for the rope drop days, at least 3x

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom