Several things i find wrong with Magic Band

dvitali

Original Poster
1. Micky head on magic band should be upside down making it easy to touch the touch point.
2. make the kiosh and fast point plus point in the parks the same.
3. do not like the need to enter a pin code for the dining plan or scan a fingerprint to enter the park. make it one or the other.
4. after you use a fast pass it should drop off from your mobile phone on MDE.
5. having to sign in every time on your MDE app to look at your next time fast pass.

DinoInstitute

1. I dont understand this one
2. I thought it was?
3. Eh I guess. But it is important and has been like that before MM+ i think
4. Yeah, perhaps that would make it easier to understand for some people I guess, but I dont really get it
5. On my phone it keeps me signed in. Huh.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

1. Micky head on magic band should be upside down making it easy to touch the touch point.
It doesn't matter which direction the mickey head faces.
They are.
3. do not like the need to enter a pin code for the dining plan or scan a fingerprint to enter the park. make it one or the other.
Its biometrics, not fingerprinting. The infrastructure already exists for key code entry at POS. Adding a biometric system to each and every POS is useless when the keypad is already there. At the entry gates the biometric scanner is there to verify it is actually you. A key code can be "lent" to others. A biometric cannot.
Why is this a problem?
5. having to sign in every time on your MDE app to look at your next time fast pass.
You shouldn't have to. If you do then uninstall and re-install the app.

G00fyDad

What is really wrong with the Magic Band....

1. Only comes in a band. No other options like key chains, or lanyard pins.
2. No purple.
3. Only allowed colors and not character designs.
4. Resort door pads are too awkward to use the band while it is still on the wrist.
5. Needs more sensitive touch points at the attractions to read the band the first time.

dvitali

Original Poster
1. With micky facing you, the scanner cannot property read the info. I was ask many time to take off the wristband and have micky face touch the glass . Maybe the sensor in my band was defective of a lower power bandwidth.
2. Fast pass point are areas of the park with umanned tablets just to look up anything. You cannot make any changes to your disney experience by yourself. If you want to make changes or add new fass pass you must go to a kiosh with cast member with mobile ipad. 6 or 7 CM standing in area like the big Hats at HS ready to assist you.
3. Will conseed the point to you .
4&5 MDE on my Iphone was very slow updating any new additions fast pass times or dropping already finish during the day.
New #6 : wish there was a way to notify you in advance of upcoming fast passes by signals. Miss several fast passes because I choose ride something else between fast pass windows.

Rob562

1. Did you try flipping your bracelet the other way?

I wonder if the OP is one of those people who wear their watches with the face toward the inside of their wrist rather than the outside. If so, and they're wearing the Band the same way, I can see why they're complaining about its placement.
But as others said, the simple solution is to rotate it 180 degrees and wear it the way it was designed to be used.

-Rob

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I wonder if the OP is one of those people who wear their watches with the face toward the inside of their wrist rather than the outside. If so, and they're wearing the Band the same way, I can see why they're complaining about its placement.
But as others said, the simple solution is to rotate it 180 degrees and wear it the way it was designed to be used.

-Rob
I'm the same (wear watch "upside down"). The band was far more comfortable that way, but I figured out pretty quickly that it would create for some uncomfortable angles. Flipped the mickey head to the top of the wrist and in 15 minutes or less had forgotten it was even there, and enjoyed using it for the most part.

CaptainShortty

Biggest implementation issues....

RFID range too limited - that's a CHOICE, as the EXIT RFID signals appear to be a good 4+ feet. - This was tried when the original test was implemented. There were problems with the long range working for certain things because of some security features that are implemented in the band.
Network under capacity.
Backend DB system under capacity.
No backup plan for Network or central DB failure. Current backup plan: Cease doing business.

jpittore1

#5- there should be a check box "remember me". The other issue the first time yo u used it you may have said "never remember my password". Like another poster stated uninstall and reinstall the app and tell the app to remember you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom