several small trips vs a big trip

danpam1024

This year, we are trying something new:eek:. Instead of one large 2 week vacation of Disney Bliss at the end of the year, we are going to pepper long weekends (3-5 days) throughout the year. We plan on trying different resorts, and incorporating different events (ie star wars weekends, food and wine, etc). Anyone out there ever make this change?:shrug: How was it?

Next Trip BC 6/11/09:sohappy:

rsoxguy

I have done both many times. Each option has its own merits. I prefer to take a long vacation once a year for the sake of mental purging, but the short trips make for a great break throughout the year. As an AP holder, I do both throughout the year (including many one-day trips) and I can say that each option is great. If the shorter trips work better for your family's schedule, do not hesitate. Shorter stays are just as much fun.

Upvote 0

brent2124

I prefer shorter trips as to get to experience the various events WDW has to offer. The only catch is you absolutley must make one of them in the holiday season to get to experience the true magic of WDW.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

We do this all the time, coming from Chicago. Have found that three nights is the minimum, four nights is good, depending on the season and how crowded. At the end of September, we went on all the attractions without a fastpass so three nights was perfect. THe first week in December, though, it was more crowded and we needed faspasses, but we were more concerned with the ambience and decorations and parties for Christmas. We stay at different resorts each time, and get to do special parties this way, like MNSSHP and MVMCP. And when I get back home, I am already looking foward to the next trip!

Upvote 0

FBullock

We do a combination. We go in the spring for a combination DW B-day/Mother's day trip and stay 8-9 days. then we make 1 to 3 other trips for 4-5 days each. It lets us get a great dose of Disney throughout the year while only being gone from my job for minimal time over several times. Working for a small company, being gone for 2 weeks doesn't work for us.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I've done both and definitely prefer the multiple short trips. I like how you get to experience WDW at different times of the year and the AP discounts are great.

Upvote 0
Personally, if money wasnt an issue I would do 3 small trips instead of 1 big trip I guess.

The problem is, I have to fly down 3 times instead of once which is an additional cost of probably a thousand bucks for my girlfriend and I....

Maybe ill try it one year. It would be great to go down for 3 long weekends instead. I think I would like this alot.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I have done both many times. Each option has its own merits. I prefer to take a long vacation once a year for the sake of mental purging, but the short trips make for a great break throughout the year. As an AP holder, I do both throughout the year (including many one-day trips) and I can say that each option is great. If the shorter trips work better for your family's schedule, do not hesitate. Shorter stays are just as much fun.

^^ agreed 110%. In 2008 I went for a 4-day trip in May, and a 4-day trip in September & then for 11 days in December. It was a perfect combination.

In 2009 I'm going for 3 or 4 1-week trips. March, & May have been booked so far. :wave:

Upvote 0

scrapperbelle

We are also making this change. We usually visit for 2 weeks at a time, but this year we are going for a week in Sept. and possibly another 4-5 day trip to see the holiday decorations.

In 2010 we are planning a week in March/April and a couple of 4-5 day trips during the fall/winter.

Upvote 0

JohnWeckwerth

It would be nice to do several trips to WDW over the year, but 4 kids and a wife with serious health issues makes this a fantasy that could never be. I'm just greatful for the few big trips that we've been able to make without having to cancel. Besides I'd hate all that packing and unpacking, not to mention all those flights.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom