Seven Voyages of Sindbad area for DAK

Suspirian

Original Poster
Now im not sure if this area should be part of a larger Beastly Kingdom-esque area or it's own mini land between Africa and Asia ( which is technically where the places he visits are) but i think that a Sindbad themed land would be pretty cool. The entrance would be similar to the signs in DAK, although I'm not sure what the land would be called (I was thinking land of the seven voyages). To each side of the entrance would be pools of water made to look ocean/ tide poolish, each having tropical fish in them. One pool would have an animatronic "water horse" from the epic, that would occasionally bob its head in and out of the water to greet guest

waterfinished by holmes.ashton96, on Flickr

The main attraction in this area would be a log flume like ride themed to the Roc from the story. This attraction would be housed in a fake mountain about as tall as splash mountain. This attraction would start out with guest going into a large area of water (on a track of course). They come into contact with a Ship wrecked Dhow boat. The ship has evidence of a Roc attack with claw marks in certain areas, large feathers, and a large rock to the side of the boat (which in the story the Roc used to destroy a boat). The distant shriek of the Roc can be heard in this section as well.

shipwreck by holmes.ashton96, on Flickr

You then journey into the mountain, facing the fierce bird yourself. You pass large Roc eggs as well as coming into contact with the Roc itself. The attraction ends with a plummet down the mountain into an underground cave. This drop would be made to look like the boat crashed to off ride viewers, complete with a fog blasting effect, a crashing sound effect, and the actual splash being obstructed from outside viewers by the cave.

roc by holmes.ashton96, on Flickr

The next ride would be a simple boat tour around the land explaining the story of Sindbad with a couple of AA's along the way. Lastly, a spinner themed to rafts would be placed in this area. A small pool of water would be under the riders to simulate high waves.

There would be an animal exhibit Made to look like the canyon full of giant diamonds that was guarded by snakes. There would be actual snake habitats as well as Audio Animatronic Giant snakes as well. A small rest area would be in this land as well, themed to the lush Oasis that Sindbad found on his journeys. Mostly fresh fruits and drinks would be served in this area.

although i originally intended this land for DAK, it could also work for maybe an Adventureland expansion, as well a 3rd gate themed to lost lands, legends, or adventurers/heroes...Thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom