Seven Dwarfs mine train won't be open until 2014

MAF

Oh yes, its because they don't want to "overwork" the builders... I mean obviously they couldn't hire more people right? The only reason they won't get it up and running sooner is purely for financial reasons. They want to spread their costs over several accounting periods. Its all about the bottom line once again. :rolleyes:

Ignohippo

TDO is delaying the opening simply so they can have something new for 2014:
• 2012: BatB, TLM, CircusLand
• 2013: Princess Fairytale Hall (and a large influx of guests coming for the rest of the FLE)
• 2014: SWMT

In that same time, the new Potter expansion will probably be completed.

In no way do I see Avatar opening by 2015. I wouldn't be surprised to see TDO try and milk the FLE for years. If they can't even greenlight the MI coaster (when it falls perfectly in their timeline AND there's a new movie to promote), I have absolutely no faith we'll see anything else of substance any time soon.

That's fine. I sincerely wish to thank Disney and TDO for making to so easy for me to decide between WDW or Uni for our family annual passports come 2013. The SWMT isn't anything I, or my family, need to spend a thousand dollars to see, and (as annual passholders for the last 5 years) we've grown more and more tired of your theme parks with every visit.

We don't even expect E-tickets. Just some kind of new attraction at each park, each year to make them continuously fresh (ya'know, like every other park in the country does). And no, upgrading old and tired attractions (like Star Tours and Test Track) doesn't count!

Delaying the opening of the SWMT is a joke, and what makes it even worse is that it will make the entire FLE a construction zone for at least a year and a half more than it needs to be.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
• 2013: Princess Fairytale Hall (and a large influx of guests coming for the rest of the FLE)

In no way do I see Avatar opening by 2015. I wouldn't be surprised to see TDO try and milk the FLE for years. If they can't even greenlight the MI coaster (when it falls perfectly in their timeline AND there's a new movie to promote), I have absolutely no faith we'll see anything else of substance any time soon.

That's fine. I sincerely wish to thank Disney and TDO for making to so easy for me to decide between WDW or Uni for our family annual passports come 2013. The SWMT isn't anything I, or my family, need to spend a thousand dollars to see, and (as annual passholders for the last 5 years) we've grown more and more tired of your theme parks with every visit.

We don't even expect E-tickets. Just some kind of new attraction at each park, each year to make them continuously fresh (ya'know, like every other park in the country does). And no, upgrading old and tired attractions (like Star Tours and Test Track) doesn't count!

Delaying the opening of the SWMT is a joke, and what makes it even worse is that it will make the entire FLE a construction zone for at least a year and a half more than it needs to be.

What delay in SWMT are you referering to? I insiders have consitently said it would open early 2014, and the lenght of construction is consistent with other recent project including the rest of the Fantasyland expansion. I don't see any evidence that Disney is intentionally delaying the construction.

alissafalco

What delay in SWMT are you referering to? I insiders have consitently said it would open early 2014, and the lenght of construction is consistent with other recent project including the rest of the Fantasyland expansion. I don't see any evidence that Disney is intentionally delaying the construction.

Yes, I agree, I don't think Disney is intentionally delaying the construction, yet at the same time, I do think 2 years to build 1 ride does seem like a very long time.

Condorman

Ugh. We've got another 15 year-old on the boards who thinks Disney should spend $150 million a year on a new high-octane, face-melting E-ticket, or some attraction that would only appeal to your limited intellect, and that you yourself concocted in your parent's basement with your failed-Imagineering dreams. MK sees more visitors in a year than USO, IoA & Sea World -- combined. They'll not only do well without you, they'll probably thrive. So I'm glad you've made your choice and you won't be going anymore. No need to be bumping into more mindless space cadets. Thanks again and enjoy less elsewhere. Bye! :p

TestTrack Dummy

I agree in wishing it would be complete sooner but on the other hand if this is really a mountain its going to take a ton of rock work which takes time. Now as for TDO not adding enough fresh experiences to the parks i agree. I wish there would be a complete shift at TDO to bring in people who actually care a bout the guest experience more then the profits. A happy guest equals more money, New attractions equals a happy guest.

Lee

Adventurer
Yes. This.
The ride has been scheduled to open in early 2014 since the very beginning.
There has been no unforeseen delays.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Then what is it? Did they fall behind due to all the snow this past winter?

As has been pointed out a couple of times, there have been no delays in the construction of the ride, the have not "fallen behind". The only reason it's opening later then everything else is that it was not started with the rest of the expansion because it was not in the original plans.

Ignohippo

Yes, by "delay" I meant scheduling everything in a staggered schedule to keep people coming back year after year for new offerings that could have all opened at the same time.

It has always been very well known that the SWMT would open in 2014 from the beginning.

njDizFan

Ugh. We've got another 15 year-old on the boards who thinks Disney should spend $150 million a year on a new high-octane, face-melting E-ticket, or some attraction that would only appeal to your limited intellect, and that you yourself concocted in your parent's basement with your failed-Imagineering dreams. MK sees more visitors in a year than USO, IoA & Sea World -- combined. They'll not only do well without you, they'll probably thrive. So I'm glad you've made your choice and you won't be going anymore. No need to be bumping into more mindless space cadets. Thanks again and enjoy less elsewhere. Bye! :p
Haha, I loved this post, almost enough to actually "like" it. It is the perfect blend of pixie dust, name-calling, PR spin, hyperbole, unwarranted anger and incredulity. Also the the grammar and punctuation were spot on.
One of your best Condorman...

Ignohippo

Did you even read the post? You are easily the most negative and unwelcome person on these boards. Every single post is either a rip on a member or to say something negative.

If you'd actually read the post, it states perfectly clear "We don't even need E-tickets...." I don't think there's anything at all in my post that isn't common sense or common practice in the theme park industry. Nearly every park in the country opens a new attraction every year and a new "E-ticket" every 10 years (at the least). The parks at WDW are well below that standard. As customers, we have one way to make it known that this isn't acceptable and that's by choosing to take our money elsewhere.

And as for being a 15 year old, I'm a 43 year old advertising executive. I won't make any assumptions as to who you are because your posts on these boards give a pretty clear picture.

If you don't agree with something someone has said, state your opinion. There's absolutely no reason for attacks (which you seem to do with every post).

Ignohippo

Haha, I loved this post, almost enough to actually "like" it. It is the perfect blend of pixie dust, name-calling, PR spin, hyperbole, unwarranted anger and incredulity. Also the the grammar and punctuation were spot on.

This is the best!!!

Fe Maiden

As has been pointed out a couple of times, there have been no delays in the construction of the ride, the have not "fallen behind". The only reason it's opening later then everything else is that it was not started with the rest of the expansion because it was not in the original plans.

Yes, I know it hasn't been delayed. But don't you think it could have been fast-tracked to open with the rest?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Sorry, don't agree with you, I even asked the admins to have that post removed. People are entitled to thier opinions and are more then welcome for express them, but there is no reason to start personally insulting other members just because you don't agree with them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes, I know it hasn't been delayed. But don't you think it could have been fast-tracked to open with the rest?

Yes, we all know that Disney could build things faster then they do if they really wanted to, I am just trying to make the point that the construction time for the mine train is consistent with other recent Disney construction projects.

bgoofy

Well put

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom