September vs. October

tinkmorgan

Original Poster
Advice for September vs. October travel dates

I would love some advice on which month might be better for crowds and, more importantly, weather/storms.
I am contemplating mid to late September or First two weeks of October.
Thank you in advance for any insight!

Tim G

tinkmorgan said:
I would love some advice on which month might be better for crowds and, more importantly, weather/storms.
I am contemplating mid to late September or First two weeks of October.
Thank you in advance for any insight!
October...

tinkmorgan

Original Poster
to Corrus response

Corrus, Can you give any reasons for recommending October over September. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Laura

Premium Member
September will have less crowds and is still value season. October has higher hotel rates and slightly larger crowds, but more events.

Thnkindependent

Take it from someone living in Orlando--the crowds during the week will actually be less in october. Not to mention, the hurricane season is supposed to be bad again. There's less a chance of getting stuck with one in October since the water is cooler by then. Still hurricane season, but probably not quite as intense. Also, If you can go to Mickey's not so scary halloween party, you should! Check dates on that.

Good luck :)

Tim G

tinkmorgan said:
Corrus, Can you give any reasons for recommending October over September. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
September usual more rain, october still a very nice temperature (73F/89F) but the nights are colder, low attendances in the parks...

If I were you I would choose for october...

Greetz! :D

Ashitaka

I prefer October over Sept too. Nicer weather with less danger of a hurricane interfering with you trip...

AND

Epcot's Food & Wine Festival begins Sept 30th this year and runs through Nov 13th. :slurp: You'd miss all the yummies if you go earlier in Sept.

wainy

Visit October or November

After many visits over all the different seasons, I just love late Oct early Nov. Florida has many surprises weather wise, no matter what time of year you visit, but late fall is a great time to go.
Big plus point WDW wise is the 'International Food and Wine festival' around EPCOT World Showcase. The atmosphere is just brilliant at dusk, its great to see everybody (adults!) walking round with a glass of beer or wine sampling all the different foods and chilling out - Just wish they had it all year round really. (Now isn't that a good idea?)
Go for it, you will not be disappointed!

barnum42

I guess this year could be busier in October that past records. This is just my guesswork with nothing solid to back it up, other than people who were delayed by all the hurricanes last September giving it an extra month this year before they go.

But Food and Wine seems a good reason to make the trip in October :slurp:

Goofyalways

September. Two reasons. First, it's still value season and cheaper to go then. And School has just started, it's less likely parents will take their kids out of school that first month, rather then the second!!

Erika

We've been twice in Sept: 1998 (not a single line) and 2000 (occasional 5 min lines, not bad considering it was the millennium celebration) We've been once in October, 2002. September had less crowds, which is interesting considering both those trips were pre-9/11 and October was the year immediately following. I think Oct had more people because Food & Wine Fest was going on. But it still was not bad. You can't go wrong with either month, really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom