September visits!

mbly

This is our families first visit to the world. DW has been there once. Any newbies like me out there? We are going 9-22 to 9-29 at the All Star Music. Free dining was a great bonus. We were going that time anyway. It's me, Dad , Mom and son's 10 & 8 with daughter 6. Any tips or advice would be gratefully appreciated. This site and members has been invaluble in helping me plan our trip! Cheers!

Cara1210

Congratulatons on your family's first WDW trip!:sohappy: It will be wonderful. Just remember to take some time to relax, so that you don't get tired and cranky! An afternoon trip back to your resort for a nap or a swim can make all the difference in the world!

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

May I suggest

May I suggest booking the Fantasmic Package. Your choice of 3 restaurants in MGM; Momma Melrose (1 Table Service) ,Brown Derby (2 Table Service), and Hollywood and Vine (1 Table Service). With the Fantasmic Package you will have dinner at reserved time and then be given a band for the Fantasmic Show where you will be in the "priorty viewing" section.

Who are your childrens favorite characters, a character dining experience would be nice.

I think September is a beautiful time to go, and your childern are at a wonderful age!

Upvote 0

crassmonkey

We will be there from 9/16 to 9/22 (we will just miss you!) it will be my fiances first time, and I haven't been since I was 8! (we are 29 now)
Hope you have a great trip!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Aurora23

We will be there as well, Sept 21-29 at Coronado Springs! You have learned a lot here, just keep reading and asking along. You will have a GREAT trip!

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Mnsshp

If you don't have tickets, make sure you get tickets for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!!!! You can dress up (most people do) and the kids will have a ball!!!! The parade is outragious, the fireworks are awesome and the whole family gets halloween bags to go trick or treating! They have special shows and it's just such a fun experience. If you can swing it, I would highly recommend it! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0
My Wife, Son and I arrive on Sept. 16 - 28 staying at the Pop Century.

The best advise that I could give is call Disney Dining ASAP to make any dining reservations that you want. I booked in March and didn't call for dining as soon as I should have and now I am unable to get a reservation for LeCellier on any of the nights that we could make it to EPCOT.

Have a magical holiday

Upvote 0

ebarrett

I will be there September 13-17 at POR. I agree with lulabell1972, you must go see Fantasmic at MGM and get the Fantasmic Package, that way you get perfered seating. I suggests eating at Hollywood and Vine. Make sure you find out what parks are having the extra magic hours.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

ADR's

Just an added comment to what someone said earlier, make your ADR's ahead of time! Make sure you map out what restaurants you want to eat in and have a back up plan. Make the DDP work for you. When my DH2B and I went down last year we utilized it to the max. We left Disney with nothing :D . If your trip is in September your ADR's should be hopefully booked, if not HURRY! :D Seeing as though the DDP is free during the time you are going ADR's may be a bit more difficult.

Good Luck! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

kybred72

Whoopideedoo!!! :sohappy: We'll be there Sept 22 - 29. Doing the MNNSHP on the 28th! :D It'll be my 5 year old daughter and husbands' first trip to the 'world'!

Upvote 0

mbly

Original Poster
We have adrs for H&V for fantasmic. Also for Chef Mickey's , and Concourse Steakhouse. Family loves steaks. The first nite we are going to the Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian. I really used this site and members advice. I was overwhelmed by all the choices having never been there before. And yes we are going to Mnsshp on the 28th. Oh yeah I forget were having lunch at CRT. My daughter is excited!

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

We have adrs for H&V for fantasmic. Also for Chef Mickey's , and Concourse Steakhouse. Family loves steaks. The first nite we are going to the Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian. I really used this site and members advice. I was overwhelmed by all the choices having never been there before. And yes we are going to Mnsshp on the 28th. Oh yeah I forget were having lunch at CRT. My daughter is excited!
Sounds like you have everything under wraps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

celticdog

It sounds like you have everything under control. Are you sure you haven't done this before? You sound like an old veteran.

You should now start thinking about the stuff you'll take with you: good shoes, a poncho, sunscreen, plenty of socks, etc. Septembers in Florida can be unpredictable. It will be humid and hot with the possibility of rain everyday. You'll have a great time. We will be there from Sept 23 to 29 and at the All-Star Music. We may even cross paths.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

This is our families first visit to the world. DW has been there once. Any newbies like me out there? We are going 9-22 to 9-29 at the All Star Music. Free dining was a great bonus. We were going that time anyway. It's me, Dad , Mom and son's 10 & 8 with daughter 6. Any tips or advice would be gratefully appreciated. This site and members has been invaluble in helping me plan our trip! Cheers!
If you like characters, do the character dining (we really enjoy that).
Dinner shows are fun (try The Hoop Dee Doo Revue or The Spirit of Aloha).
Your 6 yr. old DD may enjoy The Princess Tea Party (my 5 yr. old DD did this last yr. & it was great)!
Your DSs & even your DD may enjoy The Pirate Cruise (my DSs did this last summer & loved it - they are 9 & 7 - all of our kids are doing it this yr.)!
Hope this helps!
:wave:

Upvote 0

mbly

Original Poster
Celticdog- Honestly first trip. I researched alot.The tips about shoes and the weather are great. I've never been to Florida ever. There's probably alot more walking then I can imagine. I'm gonna take some others advice and take breaks and swim. The kids will need it. Any thoughts on which park on first day?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom