September Visit - All Star Music

MileZXO

All booked up for september, 2 weeks!

This is my first time staying on disney property, we just wanted ease of getting to the parks and not worrying about having to get a bus out of WDW and back to our hotel. (normally stay at Rosen Pointe Orlando) and we also wanted to make use of this dining plan.

any tips that arnt other than the obvious / usual?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The phrase "early bird gets the worm" most definitely applies at WDW. Most people do not want to get up early on vacation. This makes getting to the parks before opening, especially on an early Extra Magic Hours day, a great way to get a lot done in a short amount of time.

You probably already know this, but it bears repeating. If you are using the Dining plan that includes table service restaurants you will want to make reservations 180 days in advance. Many of the more popular restaurants book up as far out at 185 and walk up table service dining is almost non-existent anymore.

Upvote 0

MileZXO

Original Poster
The phrase "early bird gets the worm" most definitely applies at WDW. Most people do not want to get up early on vacation. This makes getting to the parks before opening, especially on an early Extra Magic Hours day, a great way to get a lot done in a short amount of time.

You probably already know this, but it bears repeating. If you are using the Dining plan that includes table service restaurants you will want to make reservations 180 days in advance. Many of the more popular restaurants book up as far out at 185 and walk up table service dining is almost non-existent anymore.

Yeah we have made a plan already of where we want to eat and what parks and when. this is my 4th trip and my wifes 6th but staying on WDW is a whole new experience. weve decided were not going to do Uni / Seaworld / Busch this time either!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah we have made a plan already of where we want to eat and what parks and when. this is my 4th trip and my wifes 6th but staying on WDW is a whole new experience. weve decided were not going to do Uni / Seaworld / Busch this time either!
For as much flack as the buses and the high prices of the resorts get, there is nothing quite like staying on property. Sure you can get more resort for less money off property, but there is something intangible about never leaving the Disney bubble.

About the only time we stay off property is when there is no other option.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

This is pretty obvious to some but where we live the climate is totally different. Be prepared for it still being very hot in September. Mid day breaks and pool time is a must for us when we go in September. You may already know this but thought I'd share.

Have fun planning the rest of your vacation!!

Upvote 0

Spash007

We went the same time this year and also stayed at ASM. I have to second be prepare for the heat. It was a little tough for us as we were hoping to do some longer days in the park, but every day we just had to head back to the pool. The drive to ASM from the parks, especially MK is a little long (granted in the a/c it feels good, and we found the mid-afternoon buses not that crowded), so just make sure to include that in your plans and you should be good!

On the pool front, there is also a big difference between the two pools we found. The calypso can get louder, while the other pool (I honestly don't remember the name) can be pretty relaxing. If you get a room towards the back end of the resort (Broadway, Rock or country buildings) the quiet pool will be right there. And those rooms and area seem to be more quiet as well, while still really not being far from the bus (it took us about 5-7 minutes from our room in Rock with a stroller).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom