September rehabs / bad time to go?

kbmb

I'm getting a little nervous for our early September trip this year.

So far the rumors (from this board and others) have the following closed due to rehab in September:

- Animation tour at MGM
- Tower of Terror at MGM
- Big Thunder Mountain RR at Magic Kingdom
- Possibly a Fantasmic rehab too?

This list (if true) seems to be getting really long. Plus with all the rumours about Rockin Rollercoaster needing a rehab.....do you think they would shut down both ToT and RnRC at the same time?!?!

Anyone else concerned about these rumors? Look like this Sept might be a bad time.

I'm going on the assumption that Mission Space will have more frequent previews by Sept.

-k

RickEff

My understanding is that the rehab for ToT that folks are talking about only involves one tower - so it wouldn't be completely shut down. (if that helps!)

Upvote 0
Based on what I have seen in other posts and on the Disney site this looks to be the way it is coming down.

1. Fantasmic is in Rehab - no listing for Fantasmic shows in Sept. but they are listed for the previous months.

2. Thunder Mtn. Rail Road - A rumor from last month, but I've seen nothing on the Disney site confirming

3. Animation Tour - New rumor that I have just seen come across the boards today

4. Tower of Terror - Statement from earlier today says that it will only be one of the two elevators. Still a rumor at this point regardless.

I don't think they would close the Rock and Roll at the same time they close Tower of Terror and Fantasmic.

We also get Mission Space soft opening for the month and we also may have the new Philharmagic at the MK.

I'm not happy about all the POSSIBLE rehabs, but the new stuff may make up for some of it. My wife and I will also be going in September, but we are going at the very end of the month and won't be leaving Disney until Oct. 4th. Maybe some the rehabs will reopen while we are there. You never know.

Upvote 0
Although not entirely impossible, I doubt MGM would close 3 major attractions at the same time. We are going in September and IF all 3 were closed for rehab, I would be disappointed. However, we find that even staying for a week, we run out of time to do all the things we want to do. So, it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. There are so many things that we haven't seen since our last visist--JII, the new HISTA pre-show, Primeval Whirl, Mission:Space, the updated China movie.

I believe MKT has already posted that Fantasmic will be running throughout September. He's one of the more reliable sources.....when he speaks, I listen.

So it's still early in the game. Let's just wait and see if these rumors are really true....and if they are? Make the most of everything else in the World

Upvote 0

Chernabog2512

I am going at the end of September and I called the concierge desk at WL to get park hours. They told me that Fantasmic will be going every night. I asked them about rehad for Fantasmic and they said they have not heard it would, probably in the winter months.

Upvote 0

kbmb

Original Poster
I'm really hoping that they don't decide to put RnRC in for a rehab in September as well. If anyone hears anything, please post it here.

How about Test Track......I keep hearing how bad that thing is getting, breaking down alot.

I am excited about Mission Space being in a soft opening by then, but I don't think Philharmagic will be opening in the beginning of September, cast previews aren't until later in that month.

-k

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom