September or October??

disney_fan_fam

Original Poster
When would you go??

I need some suggestions, unless there's another month that you prefer....I need some advice/suggestions. We've only gone Summer & Spring. I have 3 young children (9,5 & 1), I'm in the beginning stages of planning.

How's the weather then too? :hammer:

Aloha...

MPitzen

If you look at the bottom of this page it lists other threads that have the same topic, or you can do a search - there have been tons of threads on this.

Personally, I would recommend September for crowds (practicially no waits) and October for weather, as September can still be summer time.

jessnic95

Hi! We're going at the end of September (25th-2nd -AKL!!!) this year. We made the trip 2 years ago in September and LOVED it!The weather is still very warm (85), but the crowds were so low that it made the trip just wonderful (especially with little ones)! We decided to it again this year, because we know taking the kids out of school at that time will definitely get harder as they get older (Now they are still 7,4,5). It's also great because the Halloween decorations are already up and there is usually a Halloween party scheduled late in September. Hope this helps!!

SarahBella82

My sister got married in Orlando at the end of October 2006. The weather was perfection. 80, no humidity. If I wasn't a teacher, I'd go back then every year.

Note: Hurricane season is technically in effect through October, I believe.

RPMdfw

October. Definitely October. For one reason, if nothing else: The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.

:sohappy: :slurp: :sohappy: :slurp: :sohappy: :king:

Cinderella1976

I vote for October. Nice weather and Mickey's Halloween Party! But I am sure you will have a great time no matter what month you choose. Have fun!

New2WDW

We have gone to WDW the last couple of years during the first week of October and have loved it. Mainly going due to school breaks and MNSSHP!
I cna only remember one very cool night the rest have been warm but nice.

RedBaron

I have been there both months. I recommend going right after Labor Day. There are no crowds since all the kids have just gone back to school. It is still very hot there, so if weather is a concern then October is great too. We went during Halloween one year and the weather was still wonderful and one day it was actually cold and had to buy a sweat shirt.

mgraef

Like the rest of the posts - September = hotter less people. October = perfect weather and more people. Done both and both were great. Win/Win.

MG

we also have gone in both months and have had similar experiences as others. sept. is hotter and slightly slower. oct. is cooler and a bit busier but not much. the pros for oct. are food and wine festival and mnsshp (so choice!). the only con i have for both really is hurricane season. we were there in 2005 during hurricane wilma (i think that's the one), and they actually closed some of the parks for the whole day-epcot reopened later in the day, so did mgm i think. however, if for some reason this unfortunate phenomenon was to occur again, disney really provides for a day stuck in the hotel with lots of activities for the kids and in room movies (all disney of course).

another convincing thought for oct. is that while my family has been to wdw during just about all seasons and times of the year, we have decided to make oct our designated wdw month.

good luck planning-whatever month you choose your family will have a wonderful time:wave:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom