Pre-Trip September 2024 - The adventure continues

Soooooo.... I might have booked a WDW holiday last Friday night while my brother and I were just supposed to do some "Benchmarking"... we call all analyses we do when we compare stuff benchmarking but for some reason I just though, why the hell not?!

Via the Ireland website of WDW, we booked a 14D stay in the Wilderness lodge, arriving September 9th and going back home on September 23rd. I know booking for flights is waaayy too soon but Lufthansa does daily routes from Frankfurt to Orlando with what seems fairly good prices..

BUT, I still got some questions that probably are for you incredibly stupid but Gaëtan and I were wondering about various stuff/items/possibilities:

- My sister, Alix and her boyfriend Jef are maybe also interested in joining us but not for the whole stay, can they stay in our room and leave like earlier? Or do they need a separate booking etc.?

- If a better deal for 2024 is offered (I now have 14D ticket for 7D paid) in the near future, can I also apply for this? Can this be done through the app or do I need to call?

- How are you guys on the Mears thingy bus accommodations?

- Anyone that wants to share their experience with the WL? We fell in love with the resort and it just felt a LOT quieter than other resorts we visited in August and I think September is a bit quieter than the last weeks of holiday in the US? We booked a nature view given that me, myself and I need to pay for the hotel accommodation and adding another 500 EUR for courtyard, we'll see...

- Do you need to order appetizers/entrées and main courses or can you only order one course and be done at a table service? we felt like we have over eaten ourselves during the last trip and might look into decreasing the food we have :D

- Can a non-US resident also use apps like InstaCart etc. to order some food to the hotel? how does this work? We would really like to safe some time (and money) in ordering some breakfast items for days following a large evening Table Service event.

- Is it me or does the Dining reservation webpage of Disney is just not practical? You need to scroll through the whole set of locations but can't filter by typing the location in a search bar? .. maybe that's me but when looking up menu's of things that might interest us, this frustrated me a bit.

- I have a draft planning made up in excel based upon our arrival date and what our experiences were last time:
1. Added a lot more MK given that last time we had too much EPCOT just to have Virtual queues for Guardians​
2. No HS on weekend days - Took AK & MK in week 1 & EPCOT & MK in week 2​
3. Tried to add as much different restaurants in the Disney bubble​

- Anyone experience with September crowds? Is Genie+ needed during this period?
- How are the offered after-hours for Deluxe hotel guests?

That's it from the top of my head.. I feel like a rookie but I gotta start somewhere :)

To all of you already, thank you!

L.

Lily5170

Hi Laurenciaa, I’m looking to book a September 2023 trip to WDW and I’m from Belgium too. The offers on the UK/Ireland website are much more interesting than on the Europe website. I see you booked via the Ireland website. Did you not need an Ireland address and/or credit card?

For your flights maybe look into flights from Düsseldorf. Not direct flights but a lot cheaper than flights from Brussels. We flew out of Düsseldorf in 2019.

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
Hi Laurenciaa, I’m looking to book a September 2023 trip to WDW and I’m from Belgium too. The offers on the UK/Ireland website are much more interesting than on the Europe website. I see you booked via the Ireland website. Did you not need an Ireland address and/or credit card?

For your flights maybe look into flights from Düsseldorf. Not direct flights but a lot cheaper than flights from Brussels. We flew out of Düsseldorf in 2019.
Hi @Lily5170 !!

Oh fellow BE-member! No I filled in my adres from Hasselt and could indicate Belgium as a country! Prices are in euro too which partially offsets any exchange rate. Will fly from Frankfurt probably as they fly daily non-stop to Orlando.

Deals are quite sweet too on the Ireland site :). There is a good deal currently on offer if you book before 31/3!

Good luck with the booking!

Laurence

Lily5170

Hi @Lily5170 !!

Oh fellow BE-member! No I filled in my adres from Hasselt and could indicate Belgium as a country! Prices are in euro too which partially offsets any exchange rate. Will fly from Frankfurt probably as they fly daily non-stop to Orlando.

Deals are quite sweet too on the Ireland site :). There is a good deal currently on offer if you book before 31/3!

Good luck with the booking!

Laurence
Great to know. I’ll try booking on the Ireland website. Bedankt voor je hulp 😉

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
Got a Mickey mail -> Only 450 days to go! They also changed our room "type" from Courtyard to Water view.

1. How do we feel about Fantasmic Dining Packages? Was think about changing our lunch at 50s Prime to dinner so we can book this package?

2. Also Refillable mugs -> probs a stupid question but on the refill station at WL are these with RFID recognition? Otherwise I'll bring the one from PY with me.. Not that I don't want to pay, I'll gladly pay the refill station fee but seems like a bit of plastic waste...

3. It is just me or finding the button/website to pay installments on my outstanding balance seems nowhere to be found on my MDE (online)?

To you all, enjoy your day!

Adventure

On my MDE page that lists my plans and reservations there is a section that shows my hotel, confirmation number and remaining balance. Next to remaining balance is a link to make payment.

k8einwdw

2. Also Refillable mugs -> probs a stupid question but on the refill station at WL are these with RFID recognition? Otherwise I'll bring the one from PY with me.. Not that I don't want to pay, I'll gladly pay the refill station fee but seems like a bit of plastic waste...
All of the resort refill stations have RFID recognition. I agree, it’s a lot of plastic waste. I wish they’d let you pay a fee to reactivate mugs from a previous trip.

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
All of the resort refill stations have RFID recognition. I agree, it’s a lot of plastic waste. I wish they’d let you pay a fee to reactivate mugs from a previous trip.
THIS! Indeed! sorry but after 2 weeks and proper washes during the previous stay... they are not used at alllll..

Laurenciaa

Original Poster
fO
On my MDE page that lists my plans and reservations there is a section that shows my hotel, confirmation number and remaining balance. Next to remaining balance is a link to make payment.
found it! however on the UK/IE website its slightly different... but now at least I don't have to search 20 min before I can do the payment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom