September 2021 - crowd expectations?

richiejv

Hi everyone,

First off, hope you're all staying safe and healthy.

My better half and I are due to be flying over from the UK for a two-week Orlando trip in September 2020. I appreciate that this is a long time off but I'm just trying to keep an idea in mind of other plans should we have to postpone. I know that September is usually a quiet time but what is the general consensus regarding September 2021 with the anniversary in October? I'm not sure if it's one of those things where celebrations only get ramped up from October onwards or if the whole year will be busier.

I was there for the 25th anniversary celebrations but don't really recall what crowds were like on account of the fact that I was two years old at the time (and somewhat less observant than I am now), and my parents can't remember which is helpful..!

Thanks all.

NelleBelle

It doesn't seem that Fall is really that "quiet" anymore due Food & Wine and MNSSHP. I'd expect, depending on how the US economy recovers, that next Fall would be especially busy. You can also check out the crowd prediction calendars to see.

I was in college and went the summer of the 25th--it was crowded and HOT (but summers were quite crowded back then)--they "celebrated" the whole year and then some, if I recall. I'd expect nothing less next year just as Disneyland celebrated it's 60th all year.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Fall definitely isn't "quiet" anymore unfortunately, but then again the only time of the year I've found that is would be the winter when there's a TON closed for refurbishment. Hahaha.

Honestly I think it depends on what time in September you go. The beginning of September probably won't be too busy with schools just going back, but once you hit mid-late month it'll definitely get busy. Not only is it now a popular time to go in general, but the 50th anniversary will definitely add to it. They'll probably start extra decorations and such in September in anticipation of it.

Also, with the amount of people canceling their trips this year there could also be a surge of people rescheduling for then, but it's obviously way too early to tell.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

I usually go every two years for Food and Wine(around mid October). While nowhere near as low crowd as it used to be, it’s definitely manageable. However, as someone else mentioned, I’m bracing myself for many more people in ‘21 because of A- the anniversary and B- people rescheduling from this year. This blog is a cornucopia of great info, so I would keep checking here as well as crowd calendars/predictors as time grows closer. Regardless of crowds, I’m going to go for the anniversary; the only thing that might change is when.

Upvote 0

yensid67

If I was in the same boat as you and had to decide...

I would take a hard look at whether September 2020 trip is an ABSOLUTE trip!? If it is not, I would postpone until 2021 OR LATER(2022)
Right now I am planning a trip for September 2022(hoping the crowds are lower by then)

SAVE SOME MONEY...by NOT going to Magic Kingdom and go to MNSSHP(Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party)...most main attractions are open, you can dress up in your favorite Disney costume and travel the CANDY TRAIL as much as you like! the cost is less at $91.00 (2020 price)

Upvote 0

bryanfze55

If I was in the same boat as you and had to decide...

I would take a hard look at whether September 2020 trip is an ABSOLUTE trip!? If it is not, I would postpone until 2021 OR LATER(2022)
Right now I am planning a trip for September 2022(hoping the crowds are lower by then)

SAVE SOME MONEY...by NOT going to Magic Kingdom and go to MNSSHP(Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party)...most main attractions are open, you can dress up in your favorite Disney costume and travel the CANDY TRAIL as much as you like! the cost is less at $91.00 (2020 price)

That only saves money if you’re going to Disney World for one day.

Upvote 0

RScottyL

Unfortunately, what was the norm for September may not be anymore.

It can go either way:
(1) People will still be hesitant to get out in big crowds and it will be lighter than it normally is in September
(2) With everyone not being able to go for awhile because the parks are closed currently, once it does open up, people will start going in herds and it will stay busy!

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

Magic Kingdom will be celebrating it's 50th anniversary October 1, 2021 so also take that into consideration. Lots of people will be down there that week to celebrate, myself included!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom