Sept vs Oct

SteveUK

Need some advice, and can't think of a better place to ask!

We've got a trip booked for last two weeks in October with friends. Travelling from the UK. Staying 14 nights at French Quarter. We have a toddler who will be 20mth old at that time.

I have just found out my mother and her partner are going in September (12-30) so we are considering changing dates to go with them instead.

If we change dates to September, the price will be about the same, but we would get 18 nights, plus be travelling with family.

I'm struggling to decide what to do, so would be grateful for advice about factors we may not have considered; weather, crowds, refurbs etc

Thanks in advance, I'm sure there will be good advice as always;

bmarkelon

The weather will definitely be hotter. I am pretty sure the crowds will be similar but maybe a bit lighter in the September trip. Tough call. With October you get F&W at Epcot and MNSSHP, both awesome events that are a must do for any Disney fan.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

You got a tough decision on your hands there... It is definitely hotter in Sept. But for me being able to travel with family and staying for an extra 4 days I'd change to Sept in a heart beat! :ROFLOL: Good luck deciding

Upvote 0

dave&di

Same points as others have said: Sept is hotter, slightly less crowds, you can still do MNSSHP but not F&W, plus you get extra days and company of your family!

Upvote 0

smk

September is better for several reason, it's with family who can help you with a 20 month old, weather is better for swimming, MNSSHP is fun and the FW festival just makes Epcot way too crowded to enjoy. Either way, your going to Disney World so nothings wrong!

Upvote 0

LALALand

September is better for several reason, it's with family who can help you with a 20 month old, weather is better for swimming, MNSSHP is fun and the FW festival just makes Epcot way too crowded to enjoy. Either way, your going to Disney World so nothings wrong!

I totally agree with this. I find that September is best because the kids are back in school, and are just starting the year. When I used to go to WDW, early September was awesome. It's hot enough to swim and do downtime in the pools, and the crowds were way less than other times of the year.

I was able to take the parks in stride and not feel any pressure from crowds.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom