Senses - A Disney Spa - Have you done it??

StarWarsGirl

I have not been to a Disney Spa (or any spa really) but my mother has gone to the one at Aulani and once for a pedicure. While it's expensive, it was worth it, she says.

My dad offered to let me go here (Aulani) since I'm 18...but I have issues with being touched.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey Kids. Has anyone used the Senses spas? How was the service and treatments? I was thinking about on day 3 or 4 of the next trip having a pedicure/massage... Doesn't that sound wonderful!!!

Haven't tried the new Senses spa yet, but hope to on my trip next year. Just wanted to mention that if you're over in the Epcot area, you may like the Mandara Spa at the Dolphin. Been there a few times over the years--it's very elegant and serene--highly recommend.

PixieBeth

I've gone to the new Senses Spa at the Grand Floridian! :) I got a pedicure. Yes, it was the most expensive pedicure I've ever gotten, but it does include several nice extras which help turn the whole thing into an "experience" rather than just a simple service. You're given the option to change into a robe & slides and then relax on the heated tiled lounge chairs while you wait to be called in (peaceful, waterfall, warm, ahhh) or you can dip in the hot tub (if you have on a suit). In the non-hot tub/tile chair waiting area there are zucchini muffins, a hot tea selection, water, etc. The whole experience felt similar to going to the Spa on the cruise ships, which isn't a surprise since they are owned by the same company. The room for the pedicures is bright and chic; there were about 10-12 chairs maybe but there were only about 3 guests in the room when I was there. You get to keep the bottle of nail polish you pick - bonus! ;) Afterwards I relaxed on the heated chair for a little while longer. There were showers available and several toiletries made available in the changing areas, a hair dryer, and even a flat iron. I left feeling relaxed and pretty.

WLBound

I've gone to the new Senses Spa at the Grand Floridian! :) I got a pedicure. Yes, it was the most expensive pedicure I've ever gotten, but it does include several nice extras which help turn the whole thing into an "experience" rather than just a simple service. You're given the option to change into a robe & slides and then relax on the heated tiled lounge chairs while you wait to be called in (peaceful, waterfall, warm, ahhh) or you can dip in the hot tub (if you have on a suit). In the non-hot tub/tile chair waiting area there are zucchini muffins, a hot tea selection, water, etc. The whole experience felt similar to going to the Spa on the cruise ships, which isn't a surprise since they are owned by the same company. The room for the pedicures is bright and chic; there were about 10-12 chairs maybe but there were only about 3 guests in the room when I was there. You get to keep the bottle of nail polish you pick - bonus! ;) Afterwards I relaxed on the heated chair for a little while longer. There were showers available and several toiletries made available in the changing areas, a hair dryer, and even a flat iron. I left feeling relaxed and pretty.

This sounds heavenly (and magical:)).

R W B

I just got my first real massage today, my girlfriend was going and told me I should get one too so I decided why not lol? Anyway once we were done she told me she wants to go to the GF Spa towards the end of our next trip in March '14 so I guess we'll be looking up prices and booking something there lol.

luv

I had the most amazing manicure of my life at Mandara at the Dolphin. They do a little arm warming and massaging and Oh, geez, is it relaxing. I used to get manicures every week and that was a million times better.

It was a nice place.

Fwiw.

coachwnh

Hey bumping this as I'm trying to surprise my wife for her 50th this year.
Seeing if anyone can chime in and tell me if they've done this before.

Thanks -
I set it up for my wife's birthday on our last trip. She loved it!! Going back for the same two treatments in October. Im certain your wife will love it!!!

mouselover321

Has anyone gotten anything else besides a mani or pedi? I'm looking at booking the Grand Floridian Signature Treatments package, but I would like to know if it's worth the 200 dollars o_O

Tazer19

Bumping this to see if anyone has been to Senses at SSR since it re-opened? I have something booked there and at GF next week for my fiancee and am trying to figure out which one to keep. Saratoga would be a lot more convenient (staying at OKW), but we haven't found a lot of reviews of the redo yet. Thanks.

danpam1024

I went to SSR spa before it was re-imagined and it was WONDERFUL! I got a maple sugar scrub/massage. SOOOOO worth it (only on a long vacation- not a long weekend)

Disney Shib

I went to SSR spa before it was re-imagined and it was WONDERFUL! I got a maple sugar scrub/massage. SOOOOO worth it (only on a long vacation- not a long weekend)

I got the same thing and it was incrediable. My skin felt amazing and the aroma of the SSR spa was just to die for. I highly recommend it. We had a few rainy days during this trip and it was a great way to spend some time unwinding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom