Sending packages home from WDW.

esclerma81

Got A question i thought you all may be able to help me with. My family is planning a trip to the world and were wondering about shipping things home. What are the costs to send things home? Would it be cheaper to send things home from the resort desks or to go off property and use someone like UPS, or the Post Office? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney will ship packages home for you but I could not really tell you how the cost compares to UPS, USPS or the like for every case. If I use the one package that I had shipped from the parks to home the price would be in line with UPS.

Upvote 0

Mystic

We sent something home via Fedex on our last trip to the World. If you're going to send stuff home, do it from your Resort's FRONT DESK! Do NOT go through the store. If you ship through the store the rate you will be charged will be based on the COST of the item NOT the weight. So if the item only weighs 5 pounds but you paid $100 for it, you will be charged according to the $100 price tag. If you ship through the front desk, you are charged as normal to ship items. In other words, they charge you based on weight, not cost.

Upvote 0

mpoppins76

We sent something home via Fedex on our last trip to the World. If you're going to send stuff home, do it from your Resort's FRONT DESK! Do NOT go through the store. If you ship through the store the rate you will be charged will be based on the COST of the item NOT the weight. So if the item only weighs 5 pounds but you paid $100 for it, you will be charged according to the $100 price tag. If you ship through the front desk, you are charged as normal to ship items. In other words, they charge you based on weight, not cost.
Wow, I would never have known that. Great tip, thanks! :)

Upvote 0

mnfootballmommy

HOWEVER...if you ship from the store, your package will be replaced if it gets broken, etc. (i.e. Disney is responsible for replacement of said item(s) Not always the case when you ship from the Front Desk. (This is per a CM at the Contemporary Front Desk, btw...)

Upvote 0

Mystic

HOWEVER...if you ship from the store, your package will be replaced if it gets broken, etc. (i.e. Disney is responsible for replacement of said item(s) Not always the case when you ship from the Front Desk. (This is per a CM at the Contemporary Front Desk, btw...)

I know but when shipping from the store costs me $50+ more than from the front desk? I'll take my chances.

Upvote 0

mnfootballmommy

I know but when shipping from the store costs me $50+ more than from the front desk? I'll take my chances.

Hubby shipped a large Tinkerbell waterglobe and Mickey ears home for the DD from DTD last month for $14.95 in shipping costs. AND because it was going out of state, the purchase was tax exempt as well!

I have the World of Disney store receipt (from 7/22) right here:
Tink 85MM Globe $45.00
ER/AD/WDCT Lite Up $14.09
AAA Promo -$5.91
Ship Charge 14.95

Subtotal: 68.13
Tax: 3.46
Tax Exempt: -3.46
Total: 68.13

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

On our last trip, we did most of our Christmas shoping on our next to last night at Downtown. Bought over $400 worth of goodies, used my AAA 10% discount, and shipping home was less than $20.00.

Upvote 0

go2disney2007

I like the idea of shipping from the resort for our upcoming Feb 08 trip. If I were to ship something do I need to have the supplies to ship it(ie, box, packing peanuts, label) or is that something the resort front desk can assist with. thanks fro any help

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom