Semi regular WDW exec shuffle

cranbiz

Find it hard to believe that CMs report directly to the VP.
Where did I say that CM's report directly for the VP? What I said was the VP getting in the way of hard working CM's. That can take many forms, like a new policy, working condition changes, etc.

When I was a CM, I can think of several changes in transportation that would have been management overthinking something, getting in the way of transportation CM's doing their jobs.

That statement I made was more on the sarcastic side of things though.

Lilofan

Where did I say that CM's report directly for the VP? What I said was the VP getting in the way of hard working CM's. That can take many forms, like a new policy, working condition changes, etc.

When I was a CM, I can think of several changes in transportation that would have been management overthinking something, getting in the way of transportation CM's doing their jobs.

That statement I made was more on the sarcastic side of things though.
Did you share your feedback, provide alternate solutions with your direct manager ?

cranbiz

Did you share your feedback, provide alternate solutions with your direct manager ?
I did as well as many other bus drivers. Feedback went to the union, to line management and to transportation management at multiple levels. The suggestions and feedback were ultimately ignored.

The issue wasn't that things on the surface were bad ideas, they were bad in implementation. Some were park specific, some were site specific. Most of the changes that added undue competitivity to driver changeovers which then took longer to make a changeover and in the process, caused guest dissatisfaction over the delays.

Lilofan

I did as well as many other bus drivers. Feedback went to the union, to line management and to transportation management at multiple levels. The suggestions and feedback were ultimately ignored.

The issue wasn't that things on the surface were bad ideas, they were bad in implementation. Some were park specific, some were site specific. Most of the changes that added undue competitivity to driver changeovers which then took longer to make a changeover and in the process, caused guest dissatisfaction over the delays.
There is generally two sides to every story. What was the company reason for the change?

cranbiz

There is generally two sides to every story. What was the company reason for the change?
It was supposed to be for guest comfort and safety. That's why I said that on paper it looked like a good change. In practicality, it was not. The entire process was implemented by people who had no idea how to run transportation.

Now, how is it that I give a somewhat sarcastic comment that many would more likely find humorous but you decided to give me the 3rd degree?

Lilofan

It was supposed to be for guest comfort and safety. That's why I said that on paper it looked like a good change. In practicality, it was not. The entire process was implemented by people who had no idea how to run transportation.

Now, how is it that I give a somewhat sarcastic comment that many would more likely find humorous but you decided to give me the 3rd degree?
Guest comfort and safety which I'm all for to get our family to point of destination. I'm glad these items are getting addressed. We've had good experiences with cast bus drivers in their friendliness and driver safety.

Comped

Since we're talking about things we'd love to see, I'd love to see some of TDR leadership moved stateside, but Disney could never afford it, nor would OLC let them go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom