Selling

The Colonel

Original Poster
I'm starting to sell off some points. Can anyone recommend a broker. I notices that DVC Magic Resales has the lowest sales commission. Anyone use them?

correcaminos

I'll be honest, I haven't seen DVC Magic Resales before. Their site is unique. Only concern is if they aren't as known or reviewed you will not get as many reviews. DVC Resale Market is good, DVC by Resale, The Timeshare Store, Fidelity Resales are all ones I know of. I did google a bit and DVC Magic Resales is kind of known but I know nothing personally of them.

The Colonel

Original Poster
I'll be honest, I haven't seen DVC Magic Resales before. Their site is unique. Only concern is if they aren't as known or reviewed you will not get as many reviews. DVC Resale Market is good, DVC by Resale, The Timeshare Store, Fidelity Resales are all ones I know of. I did google a bit and DVC Magic Resales is kind of known but I know nothing personally of them.
yes I've used TS Store and Fidelity in the past. I suppose 4.5% commission is too good to be true.

cmwade77

Sold VGC at $245 pp + MFs + CC. It was listed for one morning - probably could have got more
Wow and we bout at under $90 per point, even less when factoring in all of the incentives we got at the time like gift cards, etc. it worked out to about $85 per point in the end. That is a very big difference.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I realize this thread is over a month old at this point but for future reference I would buy on DVC Magic and know others on other boards that say thay have done so without issue.

However the site’s interface is klutzy and there are active contracts on there that are over a year old because they are hard to get to come up in the search listings. When I was tracking SSR contracts to buy last summer I had to run 3 separate searches (0-120 points, 121-200 points, 201+ points) to actually see ALL the SSR contracts. Just going to their SSR page would give me some of the contracts, but not as many as I’d get by searching.

So I wouldn’t recommend selling there. There’s a reason that DVCRM handles the most contracts - contracts MOVE there. And most people exiting just want their cash. Fidelity, ResalesDVC and the DVC Store also seem to move contracts at a decent pace, with DVCSales, DVC Shop and BuyandSellDVC slower still (on average).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom