sell your favorite resort to me...

dgtolbert222

we are planning a trip the second week of October for 5 nights the players are (myself, DW, DD13,DD8,DD6,DD2) we have been the last 2 years '07 in October and '08 in December. We have stayed at the Contemporary both times , the monorail is so convenient with a little one and a stroller, I dont have any problems with the buses and we will have our car down there so travel to the parks is not a problem.... So the help I need this time is we want a change in resorts, please give me your favorites, why you stay there and any other great info to sell it to me. Also if you want you can give me your least favorite and why....Thank you all for helping me plan my last two trips and thanks in advance for helping me with this one :wave:

scarpiapiano

Favorite Deluxe - Polynesian

Others have expounded on the many strengths of this resort. If I could add two other benefits

1. The Polynesian has the largest rooms of any deluxe resort (if you stay in one of the longhouses that were added after the resort opened in 1971). The rooms have also been recently renovated with new furniture and flat screen tv's.

2. You have access to the monorail at both the Great Ceremonial House and the TTC. This means that the Polynesian is the only resort with direct monorail access to Epcot. If you stay at GF or Contemporary, you have to transfer at the TTC to take the monorail to Epcot.

My runner-up deluxe would be the Boardwalk. This seems to be a favorite for a lot of others but I particularly like the boat access to both Epcot and DHS. The Yacht and Beach Club have this advantage as well as the Swan and Dolphin.

A lot of people have mentioned WL and AKL. While I think both resorts are fabulous in design, I'd rather have easier access to the theme parks.

Favorite Moderate - POR

I have a soft spot in my heart for this resort. It was the first Disney Resort we stayed at and I think the grounds are absolutely beautiful.

Favorite Value - Pop Century

It's away from the other All Star Resorts and I think that it's a cut above AS Sports, Music and Movies.

One other resort that's seldom mentioned - Fort Wilderness

If you have more than 2 children, I think this is a great family resort - all the conveniences of a DVC 1 bedroom villa at half the cost (unless you "rent" points from another DVC member). Fort Wilderness has alot of other great points such as campfire sing-alongs, movies, hayrides, horseback riding, bicycling, fishing, archery etc.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

CSR is my family favorite! I don’t know if it will work for you but pick which resort theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs. Also, check out my CSR website below for updated info and pics.

Here is just some quick info on CSR.

CSR has newly renovated rooms (about half done as of 3/2009) and queen beds (only mod to offer them).

A terrific main pool area that includes a 123 ft slide (2nd largest at WDW), kiddie pool, arcade, playground, sand volleyball court, hot tub (largest on WDW property), a bar, and snack bar (very good food for CS).

Reliable transportation that is not shared with other resorts, 4 resort stops and quick rides to all the parks. CSR has the closest bus stops to the park entrances too (first stop at DHS and MK)!

Other amenities you may be looking for in a resort.

Only moderate to offer suites.

A spa, salon, tanning beds, a lap pool and fitness center (free to its guests).

Full menu room service, expensive though.

Central air, flat panel TV’s and WiFi available.

Rix Lounge – a dance club voted most trendy bar in Orlando.

A business center with computer access.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom